The Bachelor of Nursing (Top-up) programme provides an opportunity for registered nurses in Singapore and surrounding countries who hold registration with the Singapore Nursing Board as registered nurses to upgrade their qualifications and skills. This programme has had 14 successful intakes and over 350 graduates and students since 2003. The programme adopts a student-oriented approach and reorients the existing knowledge and experience base of registered nurses towards proactive problem solving practices.
This degree is accredited by Singapore Nursing Board.
- Contemporary Nursing
- Leadership and Management Concepts for Health Professionals
- Health, Law and Ethics
- Understanding Research in Practice
- Clinical Health Assessment
- Professional Communication for Nurses
- Clinical Teaching for Health Professionals
- Care for Older Persons
Click for reasons to choose Griffith University
- Successful completion of an approved Singaporean Diploma in Nursing or nursing qualification equivalent to an Australian Diploma, and
- Registration with the Singapore Nursing Board as a registered nurse.
- Other nursing qualifications may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- OR an overall score of 61 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with a minimum of 54 in all Communicative Skills.
- English test results must be no more than two years old.
- For the purpose of admission, the University recognises the following English language admission pathway as consistent with the English language entry requirements stipulated above, satisfactory completion within the past 5 years of the following:
- At least the final two years of a senior secondary or postsecondary qualification with English as the language of instruction and assessment/examination. Applicants must supply a letter from the Principal or Registrar of the institution at which he or she studies, confirming successful full-time study and assessment was conducted in English.
A Trimester is a 16 week period covering 2 modules of study. The completion of 8 modules would require 4 Trimesters across a minimum duration of 24 months.
Each module consists of 29 hours to 33 hours of Lecture and tutorials.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded the Bachelor of Nursing from Griffith University. The Degree awarded will be the same as that to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: S$20,972.00 (8 modules) payable in 4 instalments.
- Receive S$400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our Degree course. T&Cs apply.
Bachelor of Nursing programme are eligible for S$500 SkillsFuture Credit.
With effect from 19 May 2017, SkillsFuture Credit used for a programme at Kaplan (subject to SkillsFuture’s approved list of programmes) will be paid directly to Kaplan Higher Education Academy.
If you wish to use your SkillsFuture Credit, you can make your claim up to 60 days before the start of the programme till the day of programme commencement (with effect from 21 April 2017). According to SkillsFuture SG, this window period is sufficient for individuals to make claims to facilitate earlier programme registration.
When making a claim, you should inform your Programme Consultant on the intention to use your SkillsFuture Credit and to request for the relevant amount to be offset against the qualifying programme fees. After which, you can then submit the claim via the SkillsFuture Credit Portal for the relevant amount to be paid to Kaplan Higher Education Academy for your registered programme.
For more information, please visit http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank’s loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 – 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support, capped at S$250 each year under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP). Conditions apply. For more information, please visit http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown. *Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 Jan 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant. Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules