What is EFP?
This short programme is designed to improve students’ confidence and skills to read and write in English.
This is suited especially for adult learners who critically need to earn sufficient proficiency in general English to undertake the professional certifications such as Foundations in Accountancy (FIA) and Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
|EFP International Application Fees (Non-refundable)1||
|Assessment Fees (Pre & Post)||
All price quoted are inclusive of GST.
1 This fee is only applicable for students enrolling solely for this English for Professionals (EFP) programme.
Students who also applied for ACCA or FIA programmes with Kaplan will also enjoy a waiver of this EFP international application fees.
Approach and Methodology
For the learning approach, we engage students in a wide variety of learning activities that cater to diverse needs, abilities and styles of learners such as:
- Group discussions
- Case studies
After this learning programme, learners are expected to be able to:
- Interpret basic financial terms such as transactions, records, cost, audit and taxation
- Understand messages, instructions and diagrams written or spoken in simple English
- Write personal information and simple details on formal documents such as forms and records
- Improve their language proficiency with standards aligned to Singapore Schools and IELTS
We will be conducting classes for the following periods:
- June 2017
- December 2017
The course is spread over:
- 45-hours over a span of three weeks
- 3 hours per session (15 days)
Students will be provided with the following assessments (before and after the course):
Multiple Choice Questions
30 minutes to 60 minutes Writing per modality*
Picture and/or Essay
* May extend to 60-75 minutes duration.