The Chartered Accountant of Singapore is a recognised mark of excellence across all aspects of business – one that plays an important role in supporting the development of Singapore’s economy.
With effect from 1 January 2017, the Singapore Qualification Programme has been renamed as the Singapore CA Qualification; the Singapore QP Foundation Programme has been renamed as the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation).
The Foundation Programme provides an alternate pathway for candidates who do not have an accredited accountancy degree.
The Foundation Programme of the Academic Base will develop in graduates the base technical knowledge and skills as well as capacities for inquiry, abstract logical thinking, critical analysis, appropriate communication, personal and interpersonal skills required by the accounting profession. These provide a base for further development during the Professional Programme and Practical Experience. Candidates will have to sit for the Foundation Programme centralised examinations conducted by the Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC).
The Foundation Programme covers a set of six core syllabus areas:
- Principles of Financial Reporting;
- Advanced Financial Reporting;
- Accounting for Decision Making;
- Financial Management;
- Singapore Taxation.
Revision courses will also be conducted when the examination period to help students cope with the examinations.
Structure Self-Study Programme Study Text
Self study option is also available by purchasing the study text.
The Professional Programme covers the following technical modules;
- Financial Reporting
- Business Value, Governance and Risk
1. Academic Requirements
The Singapore CA Qualification builds on the strong foundation laid in the Academic Base.
To satisfy the requirements of the Academic Base, Candidates must either:
- Hold an Accredited Accountancy Degree with a five-year validity period commencing from the date of conferment;
- Hold an Accredited Degree with a five-year validity period commencing from the date of conferment and complete the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation);
- Hold a Non-Accredited Degree which must be recognised by the SAC as at least comparable to a three-year undergraduate degree using internationally recognised reference sources and complete the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation);
- Complete the Singapore Accountancy Commission-Ngee Ann Polytechnic (SAC-NP) Advanced Diploma in Accountancy.
2. Practical Requirements
Besides the Professional Programme, Practical Experience is also another key component of the Singapore CA Qualification. It enables candidates to acquire and manifest the requisite professional knowledge, skills, judgement, attitudes and behaviours required of a Chartered Accountant.
Intrinsic in the Singapore CA Qualification framework is the acquisition of a suite of competences in the pathway to becoming a Chartered Accountant of Singapore.
To attain the Chartered Accountant of Singapore designation, Candidates will have to complete 3 years of relevant practical work experience, under the supervision of an Approved Mentor, and with a Training Agreement at an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO).
Please download the form here. If your application is successful, you will receive a notification email that will demonstrate your eligibility to enrol in the Foundation Programme.
If your degree is not accredited for direct entry to the Professional Programme component of the Singapore CA Qualification but is comparable to a three-year undergraduate degree, you must complete the Foundation Programme in order to embark on the Professional Programme.
The assessment fee is $160.50 (GST inclusive) and is non-refundable.
4. Exemptions from SAC
• Students applying for exemptions from the Foundation Programme will be required to provide the SAC with relevant course outlines as evidence of knowledge and skills acquired in the core areas of the Academic Base.
• Students will need to produce a Notification of Acceptance email printout from the SAC when enrolling for the Foundation Programme.
• The exemption(s) granted by the SAC is/are only valid for 5 years from the date of the Notification of Acceptance email. Students will need to re-apply to the SAC for exemptions after the exemption period has lapsed.
• Students who fail to produce the required Notification of Acceptance email printout:
» Must attend the entire Foundation Programme if they produce a Notification of Acceptance email printout from the SAC.
» Will not be allowed to attend the Foundation Programme if they are unable to produce the a Notification of Acceptance email printout from the SAC
For more information, please visit here.
- Download the Singapore CA Course Syllabus Handbook
- Download the Singapore CA Qualification Foundation Enrolment Form September 2017 Intake (revision schedule)
Preparatory Course for Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) September Intake
Revision Programme (inclusive of Study Text)
(10 sessions / 30 hours per subject)
|Course Fees (S$)|
|Principles of Financial Reporting||$650.00|
|Advanced Financial Reporting||$650.00|
|Accounting for Decision Making||$650.00|
Purchase of Study Text
|Principles of Financial Reporting||$107.00|
|Advanced Financial Reporting||$107.00|
|Accounting for Decision Making||$107.00|
Note: Above fees are in Singapore dollars and are inclusive of 7% GST.
Chartered Accountant of Singapore is regulated by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and its logo is used with SAC’s permission.”