Commencement Date : Jan 2018 | Expand All
- Topic: “Thanks to Murdoch University Double Major, I have the flexibility to plan my study at my own pace.” Find out more at Murdoch Info session today.
- Guest Speaker: Ai Ling - Programme Specialist
- Date: 19 December 2017, Tuesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
Students have the option to enrol in either single or double majors.
|CORE||JOU245||MEDIA LAW AND ETHICS|
|CORE||JOU217||ONLINE AND MOBILE JOURNALISM|
|CORE||CMS203||AUDIENCES, USERS AND PARTICIPANTS|
|CORE||JOU340||JOURNALISM AND SOCIETY|
|CORE||BUS210||MARKETING RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS|
|CORE||BUS302||INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS|
|CORE||IDD129||INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL MEDIA SKILLS|
*Units common to both majors need to be taken only once. Students may be required to complete two general electives.
Students are required to complete the following common units:
BAR200 Developing Research Skills and Methods
BAR300 Advanced Research in the Arts
BRD209 Creativity and Innovation
Click for reasons to choose Murdoch University
Students with recognised Polytechnic Diplomas will be given 12 exemptions and gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. They can complete the course in 16 months instead of 28 months.
The Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Marketing accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Advanced Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Private Diploma will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Applicants admitted to the Bachelor of Business programme may be required to undertake bridging units to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge. The final decision rests with Murdoch University.
Successful completion of a recognised approved Diploma qualification of higher, where the language of instruction was English.
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement
The Year 1 unit outline can be found on Murdoch University handbook: http://handbook.murdoch.edu.au/
For International students, academic requirement:
- IB diploma or other equivalent pre-university certifications
- Completion of Year 12 or equivalent
- Other Private Diplomas or Foreign qualifications will be accessed on a case by case basis
In all cases the final admissions decisions to the programme rests with the university
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. Students have the flexibility to plan their study schedule based on their own study load. Classes are conducted from Mondays to Fridays, 5 times a week. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours. The Dean from Murdoch University is based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Marketing from Murdoch University. The degree will be the same as that awarded to on-campus graduates in Australia.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee:
- S$19,003.20 (Single Major*) payable in 4 instalments
- S$26,921,20 (Double Major) payable in 4 instalments
- Receive S$700 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree programme. T&Cs apply.
For International Students
- Programme fee:
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
For International Students
- Application fee: S$492.20
- Administration fee: S$749.00 (which includes application for Kaplan student access card, Student’s Pass, Fee Protection Scheme and Medical Insurance)
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 22 September 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers