- Topic: According to The Economist magazine, University of Portsmouth’s graduates have the highest actual earnings! Find out more about the BSc Software Engineering and Forensic Computing TODAY!
- Guest Speaker: Carmen Chen - Programme Specialist
- Date: 21 December 2017, Thursday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
The programme consists of 10 units plus a Final Year Engineering Project and may be completed in a minimum of 18 months.
|Term 1||Data Structures and Algorithms
Advanced Programming Concepts
|Term 2||Getting Usability into Development Environments
Introduction to Software Engineering
|Term 3||Web-Script Programming
Discrete Mathematics and Functional Programming
|Term 4||Reliable and Secure Systems
Advanced Software Engineering
|Term 5||Data Warehousing and Mining
Distributed Systems and Parallel Programming
|Term 6||Final Year Engineering Project|
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Engineering (Top-up) programme accepts a wide range of qualifications.
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas and/or Foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case by case basis
- In all cases the final admissions decision to the programme rests with the university
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement (http://www.port.ac.uk/application-fees-and-funding/international-applications)
Each term is a 12-weeks period covering 2 units of study. Each unit is provided with 36 hours of academic induction/seminar sessions over the duration of the trimester conducted only on Monday to Friday, 5 times a week.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Engineering from University of Portsmouth.
The degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: SGD 21,346.50 (11 modules) payable in 6 instalments
- Receive SGD 700 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply
For International Students
- Programme fee: SGD 23,112.00
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: SGD 181.90
For International Students
- Application fee: SGD 492.20
- Administration fee: SGD 749 (which includes application for Kaplan student access card, Student’s Pass, Fee Protection Scheme and Medical Insurance)
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 Jan 2017. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.