The CHFI v8 Program certifies individuals in the specific security discipline of computer forensics from a vendor-neutral perspective. The CHFI certification will fortify the application knowledge of law enforcement personnel, system administrators, security officers, defense and military personnel, legal professionals, bankers, security professionals, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network infrastructure.
The iLabs is a subscription-based service that allows students to log on to a virtualised remote machine running Windows.
2008 Server to perform various exercises featured in the CHFIv8 Lab Guide. All you need is a web browser to connect and start experimenting. The virtual machine setup reduces the time and effort spent by instructors and partners prior to the classroom engagement. It is a hassle-free service available 24/7 by number of days subscribed.
- Enable students to practice various investigation techniques in a real-time and simulated environment.
- The course tools and programmes are preloaded on the iLabs machine, thereby saving productive time and effort.
Pre-Requisites: It is strongly recommended that you should possess basic IT knowledge or the Certified Ethical Hacker Certification before enrolling into CHFI programme.
- Students studying in disciplines such as Information Technologies, Information Systems, Web Security & Technologies, Computer Science, and Cyber Forensics
- IT Professionals who are or specialise in Information System Security, Computer Forensics, Incidence Response, Security Officers, Auditors, Security professionals, Site and Web Administrators, and any IT professionals who are not trained in IT Security
- Anyone from the general public who is concerned with network and Internet Security is also welcome to attend the CHFI course
Duration: 40 hours
For the latest course schedule, please enquire with your programme consultant or simply fill up the enquiry form.
CHFIv8 curriculum consists of 22 instructor-led training modules.
- Module 1: Computer Forensics in Today’s World
- Module 2: Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Module 3: Searching and Seizing Computers
- Module 4: Digital Evidence
- Module 5: First Responder Procedures
- Module 6: Computer Forensics Lab
- Module 7: Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- Module 8: Windows Forensics
- Module 9: Data Acquisition and Duplication
- Module 10: Recovering Deleted Files & Deleted Partitions
- Module 11: Forensics Investigation Using AccessData FTK
- Module 12: Forensics Investigation Using EnCase
- Module 13: Steganography and Image File Forensics
- Module 14: Application Password Crackers
- Module 15: Log Capturing and Event Correlation
- Module 16: Network Forensics, Investigating Logs and Investigating Network Traffic
- Module 17: Investigating Wireless Attacks
- Module 18: Investigating Web Attacks
- Module 19: Tracking Emails and Investigating Email Crimes
- Module 20: Mobile Forensics
- Module 21: Investigative Reports
- Module 22: Becoming an Expert Witness
- Test Format: Multiple Choice
- Passing Score: 70%
Upon the successful completion of Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator Certification course, you will receive the Certificate – Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) from EC Council.
CITREP+ supports local ICT professionals in keeping pace with technology shifts through continuous and proactive training. Through the training, they will acquire technical skills sets that will enable them to remain relevant and productive.
Trainees under the programme will receive funding support as follows:
|Category||Training Course and Certification|
|Professionals||Up to 70% of the nett payable course and certification fees, capped at $2,500 per trainee|
|Students1 including NSF
(** With effect for courses and/or certifications commencing from 1st July 2016)
|Up to 100% of the nett payable course and certification fees, capped at $2,000 per trainee|
- Student refers to the individual enrolled in full-time post-secondary academic study pursuing NITEC, Higher NITEC, Diploma, and up to First Degree awarded through Post Secondary Educational Institutes (PSEIs) in Singapore.
To be eligible for funding support under CITREP+, a trainee must:
- Be a Singapore citizen at the point of course / certification examination commencement;
- Meet the admission criteria set by the Course Provider or Certificate Awarding Body;
- Be enrolled by the endorsed course provider or testing centre for the intended course or certification in IMDA’s Infocomm Competency Management System (ICMS) before the commencement of the training course or certification.
For Organisation-sponsored trainees, the sponsoring organisation must be incorporated or registered in Singapore. Employees of Local Government Agencies are not eligible. Employees of these organisations can, however, qualify for CITREP+ under the self-sponsored category.
Students who wish to attend CITREP+ courses or certifications will be required to produce letter of support and proof of matriculation from the PSEIs of Singapore. Full Time NSF or those that reached their ORD will need to produce relevant PSEI graduation certifications and/or proof of National Service enlistment.
For course and certification fees support, the trainee must complete the course and pass all examinations required by the certification or post-training assessment within 12 months from the course commencement date with the following conditions:
- Meet the minimum 75% attendance of the training course as per endorsed roadmap; and
- Achieve the final certification status (applicable to certifiable programmes only).
For certification fees support, the trainee must pass all examinations required by the certification and achieve the final certification status within 12 months from the commencement date of the first examination.
The total fees cover lectures, examination and certificate.
Fees payable to Kaplan Higher Education Academy
|PROGRAMMES BY KAPLAN HIGHER EDUCATION ACADEMY||Programme Fee||GST||Programme Fee Payable upon Start of Course|
|Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)||S$2,500||S$175||S$2,675|
|Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Certification (CHFI)||S$2,500||S$175||S$2,675|
Please refer to below for tabulation of tuition fee after CITREP+ funding
|PROGRAMMES BY KAPLAN HIGHER EDUCATION ACADEMY||Programme Fee||Full-time Students from Public Institutions/NSF
(Up to 100%)
(Up to 70%)
|Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Certification (CHFI)
|Fee after CITREP+||S$500||S$750|
|GST of Programme Fee||S$175||S$175|
|Nett Fee Payable upon Claim||S$675||S$925|
*Rebates are applicable for CHFI intake scheduled for 25 Nov 2016 commencement. Subject to change without prior notice.
For application or claim procedures, please visit https://www.imda.gov.sg/CITREP for more information.
Alternatively, you may contact CITREP+ Hotline at:
Tel: 63-CITREP (6324-8737)
Email: [email protected]
EC Council Master Trainer
- Independent IT Consultant in Indonesia
- Began programming work since 1984 on Commodore, Apple IIe and IBM PC
- Thorough knowledge of Computer Technology and Information System with over 22 years of professional experience
- Worked on many extensive and diverse in many large-scale, mission critical projects, including software engineering, system programming, application architecture, network infrastructure and security analysis, network design and implementation, and network management
- Possess deep skills and experiences in all aspects of network operating system platforms, internetworking devices, security and multi-service network convergence
- Built multiple MIS/GIS Applications, OLTP, 3 Tier Application, Web Database, and GIS on the Internet
- Ability to engage in system design, develop and implement, as well as create and deliver multimedia presentations
- Good knowledge in Unix/Linux flavors, Microsoft Windows Family and Novell Network
- Deliver Information Technology courses for local and multinational corporation clients across Asia in countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Brunei
- Awarded Instructor of the Year 2014, and Circle of Excellence Instructor in 2010, 2011 and 2012 from EC-Council – USA
- Training credentials include:
- CEI (Certified EC-Council Instructor)
- MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer)
- OSCP(Offensive Security Certified Professional)
- Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT)
- OSWP (Offensive Security Wireless Professional)
- CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- CHFI (Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator)
- ECSA (EC-Council Certified Security Analyst)
- ECES (EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist)
- A+(IT Technician)
- SCSAS (Sun Certified Solaris Associate)
- CCDA (Cisco Certified Design Associate)
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- MCITP (Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional)
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist)
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
- MCP+I (Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet)
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library – Foundation Certificate