- Topic: Obtain an Honours degree in 18 months upon completing the University of College Dublin programme!
- Date: 22 March 2018, Thursday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
The Bachelor of Business Studies (Hons) programme consists of 8 core modules and 4 pathway modules and may be completed in a minimum of 18 months through distance teaching in Singapore.
An honours Degree at University College Dublin takes 3 academic years to complete (over 3 ‘stages’). In the case of the Bachelor of Business Studies (Singapore), the duration of the programme is as follows:
Stage 1: Exemption granted due to accredited prior learning
Stage 2: 1 academic year*
Stage 3: 1 academic year*
*an academic year is generally a minimum of 9 months duration.
- Human Resource Management
- Economic Policy and the Global Environment
- Cross Cultural Management
- Data Analysis for Decision Makers
- Management of Organisations
- Marketing Management
- Business Strategy
- Project Management
- Law in Business
- Contract Law
- Company Law
- Commerical Law
Honours in the degree will be awarded based on the overall average grades of all the modules in the programme in accordance with the university programme regulations.
Professional Recognition and Accreditation
University College Dublin:
- Top 1% of Universities worldwide (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17)
- Over 2 Decades of Partnership with Kaplan
UCD School of Business:
- Degrees consistently ranked in the top 100 by the Financial Times and the Economist Intelligence Unit
- Ranked 33rd in Europe (Financial Times 2013)
- Prestigious Triple-Crown Accreditations from:
- AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
- EQUIS (European Foundation for Management Development)
- AMBA (Association of MBAs)
Community of European Management Schools (CEMS)
The UCD Smurfit School of Business is one of 17 business schools in the Community of European Management Schools (CEMS). This is an alliance of businesses and higher education and currently comprises 17 of Europe’s finest academic institutions, 4 non-European academic institutions and over 50 of the world’s leading multinational companies such as Shell Reuters, KPMG, Deutsche Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, British Petroleum, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Siemens, JP Morgan, and ING Group.
The Bachelor of Business Studies (Honours) in Business with Law (Top-up) programme accepts a wide range of qualifications.
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas and/or Foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case by case basis
- In all cases the final admissions decision to the programme rests with the university
- Applicants admitted to the programme may be required to undertake bridging units in order to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge.
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement (http://www.ucd.ie/registry/admissions/elr.html)
The programme provides 42 hours of lectures per module. Classes are conducted by local and visiting lecturers from National University of Ireland, Dublin. A typical term is a 3-month period covering 2 courses of study, Classes are scheduled 5 times a week with at least 3 hours of class time per session. There will be no weekend classes.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Business Studies (Honours) in Business with Law from University College Dublin.
The degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: SGD 24,235.50 (payable in 6 installments)
- Receive $400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
(For International Students)
- Programme fee: SGD 29,211
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: SGD 181.90 (includes application for Kaplan student access card)
For International Students
- Application fee: SGD 492.20
- Administration fee: SGD 749 (which includes application for Kaplan student access card, Student’s Pass, Fee Protection Scheme and Medical Insurance)
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 Jan 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules
International Students: Oct 2017