- Topic: How a Kaplan diploma offers you entry to over 150 degree programmes in 8 months?
- Date: 22 February 2018, Thursday, 03:00 PM
- Venue: WE205, 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
The Professional Diploma in Banking and Investment Management, jointly offered with Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI), provides an intricate perspective on a wide spectrum of disciplines, covering the financial and banking industry. It equips students with highly valued, transferable knowledge and skills that will prove to be very useful in the fast growing Singapore economy, as well as worldwide.
The CISI is the leading professional body for securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals. Formed in 1992 by London Stock Exchange practitioners, CISI have a global community of more than 40,000 members in 116 countries and last year, more than 40,000 CISI exams were sat in 80 countries. CISI aims to set standards of professional excellence and integrity for securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals, providing qualifications and promoting the highest level of competence to their members, individuals and firms.
The diploma programme consists of 8 subjects.
|Core||Introduction to Management|
|Core||Accounting for Managers|
|Elective||Introduction to Securities and Investment (International)|
|Elective||Principles of Banking and Finance|
|Elective||Combating Financial Crime|
Click for reasons to make Kaplan your choice
- GCE A-Level; OR
- Mature candidates (≥30 years old with 8 years of work experience); OR
- Candidates with other qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- Completion of Year 12; OR
- Completion of less than Year 12 will be considered if it is an official completion of High School in the country of origin; OR
- IB Diploma; OR
- Pre-university certifications; OR
- Other private or foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
English language requirement:
- Successfully pass Kaplan English Placement Test; OR
- Grade E in any GCE A-level subjects conducted in English. OR
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (applicable for International students)
The programme consists of 8 subjects and may be completed in a minimum of 8 months over 4 terms. Each subject is supported with 42 contact hours. Classes are 3-hour sessions held Monday - Friday. There will be no weekend classes.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the programme will be awarded:
- Professional Diploma in Banking and Investment Management from Kaplan Higher Education Academy
- Award in International Introduction to Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Award in Combating Financial Crime (CISI)
- Award in Operational Risk (CISI)
- CISI Investment Operations Certificate (upon completion of all 3 CISI modules)
Diploma graduates can then move on to pursue a Bachelor's Degree programme with one of our prestigious partner universities in Singapore. Subject to entry requirements. T&Cs apply.
The tuition fee covers study guides, course notes, assignments, examination, projects, diploma/advanced diploma (if earned) and transcript.
For Singaporean / PR
- Instalment 1: S$1,417.75
- Instalment 2: S$1,417.75
- Instalment 3: S$1,284.00
- Instalment 4: S$1,284.00
- Total: S$5,403.50
- S$5,303.50 (after S$100 study rebate for fresh GCE A-Level graduates). However, study rebate will be deductable from the last instalment if payment is made by instalment plan. T&Cs apply.
- Receive S$200 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our Diploma programme. T&Cs apply.
Kaplan Diploma programmes are eligible for S$500 SkillsFuture Credit.
With effect from 19 May 2017, SkillsFuture Credit used for a programme at Kaplan (subject to SkillsFuture’s approved list of programmes) will be paid directly to Kaplan Higher Education Academy.
If you wish to use your SkillsFuture Credit, you can make your claim up to 60 days before the start of the programme till the day of programme commencement (with effect from 21 April 2017). According to SkillsFuture SG, this window period is sufficient for individuals to make claims to facilitate earlier programme registration.
When making a claim, you should inform your Programme Consultant on the intention to use your SkillsFuture Credit and to request for the relevant amount to be offset against the qualifying programme fees. After which, you can then submit the claim via the SkillsFuture Credit Portal for the relevant amount to be paid to Kaplan Higher Education Academy for your registered programme.
For more information, please visit http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit
For International Students
- Programme fee: S$ 10,593
- Additional CISI charge and M5 rules and regulations for Financial Advisory Services: S$ 2,137.86
Additional charges for Singaporean / PR / International Students
- Additional CISI charge: S$1,000
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$74.90
- Student Development Fee: S$107.00
For International Students
- Application fee: S$ 492.20
- Administration fee: S$ 749 (which includes application for Kaplan student access card, Student’s Pass, Fee Protection Scheme and Medical Insurance)
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 8 Jan 2017. For more information about the programme, please contact our sales consultant.