The MSc Business with Financial Management programme will give students the general business knowledge and understanding as well as the personal skills needed for a wide variety of roles.
The most distinctive characteristics of the programme are the wide range of backgrounds that we can accept and the great flexibility of choice offered to students on the programme to suit individual preference.
This programme consists of 7 to 8 modules and 1 dissertation and may be completed in approximately 15 months as full time.
The Postgraduate Induction programme will be conducted along the first 2 terms of the programme to support student with good assignment skills and knowledge.
|Semester 1||NX 0441 Managing for Sustainable Competitive Advantage*
HR 0896 Developing Self
BM 0421 Business Research Analysis
|Semester 2||NX 0441 Managing for Sustainable Competitive Advantage*
HR 0864 Analysing Organisations
SM 0495 Business Environment & Strategic Management **
|Semester 3||SM 0495 Business Environment & Strategic Management**
MN0479 International Corporate Finance & Financial Markets
MN0485 Fundamentals of Modern Financial Management
MN0476//FN0450 Dissertation ***
|Semester 4||MN0476//FN0450 Dissertation ***|
The sequence of the module many vary for each term.
*Managing for Sustainable Competitive Advantage and Postgraduate Induction will be conducted concurrently through Semester 1 and Semester 2
** Business Environment and Strategic Management will be conducted concurrently through Semester 2 and Semester 3
***Dissertation will be conducted concurrently through Semester 3 and Semester 4
Click for reasons to choose Northumbria University
1. A first degree, equivalent to a 2.2 honours classification, in one of the areas of engineering, science, arts/humanities or education. Applicants who do not have such an academic qualification but do have substantial experience of working in a business organisation will also be considered. Applicants whose first degree is in Business Studies or a closely-related discipline are welcome to apply for this programme.
2. An IELTS score of 6.5 for entry to postgraduate programmes. (The minimum score for any component taken is to be 6.0.) or a Pearson Test score of 62 OR Two years recent study in English leading to an entry qualification for the programme.
As there is some statistics taught during the programme, applicants should possess a mathematics qualification equivalent to a GCSE grade B.
NB: Applications will be considered on an individual basis and where appropriate, prospective students are able to contact programme leaders to discuss their suitability for the programme.
A typical trimester is a 4-month period covering 3 to 4 modules of study. The advantage of this structure is that students are able to concentrate on 3 to 4 modules and complete these on a trimester basis.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment method may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Master of Science in Business with Financial Management from Northumbria University.
The degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, textbooks, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: S$20,597.50
- Receive S$700 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our master degree course. T&Cs apply.
For International Students
- Programme fee: S$22,470
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
For International Students
- Application fee: S$492.20
- Administration fee: S$749 (which includes application for Kaplan student access card, Student’s Pass, Fee Protection Scheme and Medical Insurance)
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 Jan 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules