This programme provides you with a wide range and diverse base of specialist health management courses. It is tailored for graduates or managers of health services wanting to develop their skills and understanding of contemporary health service management issues as well as for those people who will be commencing a career in the health care sector. This programme has been developed so as to support students and career aspirants to work both in the Singaporean healthcare system and in other Asian healthcare services and systems. Careers may be available for professionals interested in moving into the health services area, or for early and mid-career health professionals seeking advancement, broadening their expertise and/or moving into management.
Accredited by Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHM). ACHSM is the peak professional body for health managers in Australasia and brings together health leaders to learn, network and share ideas. The mission of the college is to recognise, develop and support effective health leadership and management to deliver quality services and improve health and well-being.
Each course in this programme is 10-credit points except for Health Project, which is 20-credit points. To be eligible for the award of Master of Health Services Management, a student must complete 120-credit points. To be eligible to exit the programme with the Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management, a student must acquire 40-credit points.
- Healthcare Systems
- Leadership in Management for Health Services
- Health Economics
- Change Management in Dynamic Healthcare Systems
- Health Informatics
- Health Finance and Project Management
- Health Workforce
- Translating Clinical Innovation into Work Practice
- Health Policy and Planning
- Foundations of Research Inquiry in Health
- Strategic Decision Making in Health
- Health Service Managers and the Law
- Health Project
Click for reasons to choose Griffith University
Applicants for admission to the Master of Health Services Management will normally:
- Hold a Bachelor degree in a health-related field such as Public Health, Health Services Management, Environmental Health, Allied Health, Medicine, Nursing, Psychology, Clinical Research and Biomedical Health
- OR have completed the Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management (3317) offered by Griffith University (these students will be eligible for 40-credit points of advanced standing towards the Masters programme)
- OR hold a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Bachelor Honours Degree in a health-related field such as Public Health; Health Services Management; Environmental Health; Allied Health, Medicine, Nursing, Psychology,
Clinical Research and Biomedical Health (students admitted with one of these qualifications will be eligible for up to 40-credit points of credit towards the Masters programme depending upon the courses completed in the prior qualification).
Applicants with extensive experience in health services management who do not hold qualifications listed in the above requirements may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate in Health Service Management with progress to the Master of Health Services Management being dependent upon a minimum Pass-grade in all courses.
- You can plan your study schedule at your own pace in each Trimester.
- Courses are fully taught by Griffith University faculty
- Lectures/Workshops for each course are 16 hours via block-teaching with the exception of Health project 14 hours
- 100% assignment-based programme
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded the Master of Health Services Management from Griffith University.
The Degree awarded will be the same as that to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: S$28,248.00 (w/GST), (12 modules) payable in 6 instalments
- Receive S$400 Referral Bursary1 when you recommend your friend to join our master degree programme. T&Cs apply.
This programme is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit2 up to S$500.
|Programme Title:||Master of Health Services Management|
|Programme Reference Number:||MOH_019|
(before SkillsFuture Credit)
|S$26,400.00 (w/o of GST)|
|Funding Validity Period||1 Apr 2017 – 31 Mar 2020|
|Programme Objectives:||This programme provides you with a wide ranging and diverse base of specialist health management courses. They are tailored for graduates or managers of health services seeking to develop their skills and knowledge of contemporary health service management issues, as well as those commencing a career in the Singaporean Healthcare system and in other Asian healthcare services and systems. Careers may be available for professionals interested in moving into the health services area, or for early and mid-career health professionals seeking advancement, broadening their expertise and/or moving into management.|
With effect from 19 May 2017, SkillsFuture Credit used for a programme at Kaplan (subject to SkillsFuture’s approved list of programmes) will be paid directly to Kaplan Higher Education Institute.
If you wish to use your SkillsFuture Credit, you can make your claim up to 60 days before the start of the programme till the day of programme commencement (with effect from 21 April 2017). According to SkillsFuture Singapore, this window period is sufficient for individuals to make claims to facilitate earlier programme registration.
When making a claim, you should inform your Programme Consultant on the intention to use your SkillsFuture Credit and to request for the relevant amount to be offset against the qualifying programme fees. After which, you can then submit the claim via the SkillsFuture Credit Portal for the relevant amount to be paid to Kaplan Higher Education Institute for your registered programme.
For more information, please visit http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit
- Students who utilise SkillsFuture Credit or SkillsFuture Singapore subsidies are not eligible, in accordance with SkillsFuture Singapore’s Marketing Guidelines for Training Providers.
- Terms and conditions apply. All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
Application fee: S$ 181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 Jan 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 3 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules
Expand your career in healthcare with Griffith University ranked Top 3% of universities worldwide