- Topic: Embark on a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a top 1% university worldwide, Northumbria University
- Date: 19 December 2017, Tuesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Accounting has been designed to provide a cutting-edge educational experience attractive to those wishing to pursue a career in accountancy or related areas. It also has been designed for those who want to become fully qualified accountants.
The Accounting programme at Northumbria gains exemptions from ACCA, AIA, CIMA and ICAEW. This means that upon graduation, you will have already completed a significant portion of the exams required to be a fully qualified accountant.
Professional Accreditations & Memberships:
- accredited by Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- accredited by Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- recognised by Association of International Accountants (AIA)
- recognised by Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- partner with Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Accounting (Top-up) consists of 13 modules and may be completed in a minimum of 16 months.
- Applied Taxation
- Business Modelling and Analysis for Accountants
- Corporate and Group Accounting
- Contemporary Issues in Financial Reporting
- Financial Appraisal, Risk and Management Accounting
- Managing Financial Performance
- Global and International Business Contexts
- Personal and Organisational Development
- Strategic Management and Leadership
- Applied Business Ethics
- Business Law
Honours degree will be awarded in accordance with the university programme regulations.
Click for reasons to choose Northumbria University
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Accounting (Top-up) accepts a wide range of qualifications.
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas or Foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case by case basis
- In all cases the final admissions decision to the programme rests with the university
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement
This programme consists of 13 modules and may be completed in a minimum of 16 months. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Accounting from Northumbria University.
The degree will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee:
- S$21,400 (13 modules) payable in 6 instalments
- Receive S$300 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 October 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.