- Topic: Obtain an Honours degree and an ACCA qualification upon completing the University of Portsmounth programme!
- Guest Speaker: Calvin (Full Time) / Jonathan (Part Time) - Programme Specialist
- Date: 28 March 2018, Wednesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
This Degree programme brings together the twin disciplines of Accounting and Finance and is suitable for students seeking to pursue a career in Accountancy or Financial Services sectors.
What makes this programme compelling is that students have two options to earn the ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) qualification faster than their peers. They can either:
- Take the ACCA Professional papers directly while studying, so that they can graduate with both a Degree and ACCA-Affiliate title1 or
- Gain exemptions for up to 9 ACCA Fundamental papers (F1 to F9) after graduation2
This programme has been designed to comply with the requirements of the major accounting firms with a relevant and career focused syllabus.
After graduation, students may choose to pursue the following roles:
- Accounting Associate
- Finance Manager
- Management Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Management Consultant
- Stockbroker or Trading Representative
This Degree programme can be completed in a minimum of 18 months on a part-time basis. Below is the programme structure:
- Financial Reporting
- Operational management Accounting
- Financial Management
- Corporate Governance, Financial Crime, Ethics and Control
- Business Law for Accountants
- Accounting for Strategic management and Control
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Financial Management
- International Accounting
- Independent Study for Accountants
The Business Law and Taxation modules are also taught in Singapore context, so you can apply the knowledge readily in Singapore, without the need for any conversion programmes, which can save you a lot of hassle, time and money.
For more information, please fill up the enquiry form so that our programme consultants can get back to you.
This Degree programme accepts a wide range of qualifications, which includes:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas and/or Foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
In all cases, the final decision on admission to the programme rests with the University.
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement3
Each term is a 12-week period covering 2 units of study. Each unit is provided with 28 hours of academic induction/seminar sessions after office hours in the evening and/or over weekends/public holidays.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, projects or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Accountancy and Financial Management from University of Portsmouth.
The Degree will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme tuition fee: S$21,400.00 (12 modules) payable in 6 instalments
- Receive S$400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our Degree programme*.
You can finance your fees through education loans with affordable monthly instalment payments**. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
- Non-refundable application fee3: S$181.90
Note: all prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown. All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 14 November 2017. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers.
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our programme consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
1 During their programme of study, students can skip the ACCA Fundamental level and take the ACCA Professional papers directly. Subject to Conditional Exemptions (CE) Pathway approval from ACCA.
2 Applicable to students who graduated with Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Accountancy and Financial Management (Top-up). These exemptions may vary based on your ACCA credentials.
* Terms and conditions apply.
** Terms and conditions apply. Education loan is subject to bank’s approval.