Commencement Date : May 2017 | Expand All
- Topic: Obtain full exemptions of CPA Australia foundation papers with the Murdoch Accounting degree in minimum 16 months!*
- Note: *subject to meeting entry requirements.
- Guest Speaker: Linda Lim – Program Specialist
- Date: 28 March 2017, Tuesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
Students have the option to enrol in either single or double majors.
accredited by CPA Australia
accredited by Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (CAANZ)
accredited by Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
BUS285 Technology and Accounting Processes
BUS286 Corporate Finance*
BUS287 Management Accounting
BUS356 Contemporary Financial Accounting
BUS304 Accounting Theory and Accountability
BSL305 Company Law **
BSL201 Finance Law **
BUS286 Corporate Finance*
BUS288 Treasury Management
BUS329 Investment Analysis
BUS330 International Finance
BUS333 Derivate Securities
*Units common to both majors need to be taken only once. **Students will take the unit Company Law instead of Finance Law for this Double Major.
Students are required to complete the following common units:
BBS200 Understanding Business Research: An Introductory Approach
BBS300 Empirical Research Methods for Business or BBS301 Applying Mixed Methods Research to Business
BRD209 Creativity and Innovation
Polytechnic holders may opt for the single major Bachelor of Business in Accounting programme which consists of 12 units.
Students with Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diplomas, Private Diplomas or Polytechnic Diplomas will be given 8 exemptions and gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. They can complete the course in 16 months instead of 28 months.
The Bachelor of Business in Accounting and Finance (Double Major) accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Advanced Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Private Diploma will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Additional Entry Requirements:
- Applicants admitted to the Bachelor of Business programme may be required to undertake bridging units in order to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge. The final decision rests with Murdoch University.
- Successful completion of a recognised approved Diploma qualification of higher, where the language of instruction was English.
English requirement for International students:
- Applicants are required to meet Murdoch University English language requirement. Please refer to http://www.murdoch.edu.au/_document/International-students/Murdoch_English_Entry_Requirements_Undergraduate.pdf
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. Students have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours. The Dean from Murdoch University is based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Business in Accounting and Finance (Double Major) from Murdoch University. The degree will be the same as that awarded to on-campus graduates in Australia.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, textbooks, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee:
- S$18,489.60 (Single Major*) payable in 4 instalments
- S$24,652.80 (Double Major) payable in 4 instalments
- Receive S$300 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree programme. T&Cs apply.
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 22 September 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers