- Topic: Obtain an Honours degree and an ACCA qualification upon completing the University of Portsmounth programme!
- Guest Speaker: Calvin - Programme Specialist
- Date: 26 December 2017, Tuesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
The BSc (Econs) (Hons) Economics, Finance and Banking (Top-up) is a Triple Specialisation degree, that provides students with a solid grounding in economic policy and practice in finance and banking.
How do economic policies dictate the behaviour of financial markets? To what extent should the banking sector be regulated? Are financial markets efficient? Questions such as these are crucial to the finance and banking sectors and this programme provides you with the ability to explore them fully.
The programme consists of a minimum of 11 units and may be completed in a minimum of 18 months.
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Econometric Methods
- The Economist's Toolkit 2
- Economics of Money Banking and Financial Markets
- International Economics
- Econometric Analysis
- Financial Economics
- International Banking and Financial Management
- Future and Options Markets
- Independent Study Unit
The Bachelor of Science (Economics) (Honours) in Economics, Finance and Banking (Top-up) programme accepts a wide range of qualifications.
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas and/or Foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case by case basis
- In all cases the final admissions decision to the programme rests with the university
- Applicants admitted to the programme may be required to undertake bridging units in order to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge.
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement (http://www.port.ac.uk/application-fees-and-funding/international-applications)
This programme consists of 11 modules and may be completed in a minimum of 18 months. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Economics) (Honours) Economics, Finance and Banking from University of Portsmouth.
The degree will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee:
- SGD 21,400 (11 modules) payable in 6 instalments
- Receive SGD 300 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: SGD 181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 October 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.