- Topic: Industry relevant modules with University of Essex!
- Guest Speaker: Calvin (Full Time) / Linda (Part Time) - Programme Specialist
- Date: 19 December 2017, Tuesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
The course may be completed in a minimum of 18 months.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Management Accounting 1
- Management Accounting 2
- Applying E-commerce in Business
- Corporate Finance
- Portfolio Analysis
- Introduction to Banking
- Current issues in Financial Reporting
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Issues in Management Accounting
- International Accounting
- Issues in Financial Analysis
- Corporate Governance
Click for reasons to choose University of Essex
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
*UOE Accounting or Accounting & Finance graduates can qualify as ACCA members upon successful completion of the ACCA exams, the online Professional Ethics module and 3 years of relevant work experience.
By embarking on the ACCA pathway, you can:
- Use the knowledge and skills gained from the UOE degree to directly support your preparation for the ACCA exams
- Pursue a professional qualification that equips you with the credentials needed to become a complete finance professional and a qualified accountant
- Gain a head start on your journey to achieving ACCA member status.
By becoming an ACCA member*, you will enjoy excellent recognition from employers around the world and gain access to a first class range of services and resources that will help further develop your career in accountancy and finance. The benefits include:
- Increased earning potential
- More access to career opportunities
- Added flexibility in career choices
- Enhanced employment mobility – the ACCA Qualification is recognised around the world
- Opportunities to build your own professional network and be part of a globally influential body
Find out more about the conditional exemptions pathway here.
Be recognised globally
By becoming a CIMA member you will join the world’s largest professional body of management accountants. You will be able to use the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation and be part of a truly global network.
The CGMA designation is powered by two of the world’s leading accounting bodies – CIMA and AICPA. It aims to establish management accounting as the most valued profession in business worldwide.
Students graduating from University of Essex Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance may obtain exemption from CIMA and gain accreditation upon completion of CIMA
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Accounting (Top-up) programme accepts a wide range of qualifications.
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas and/or Foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case by case basis
- In all cases the final admissions decision to the programme rests with the university
- Applicants admitted to the programme may be required to undertake bridging units in order to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge.
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement (http://www.essex.ac.uk/international/language.aspx)
You will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops on the course. The course may be completed in a minimum of 18 months by enrolling in one to two units per term over 8 terms. Each module is supported by 24 contact hours. Classes are run once or twice a week to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled on the course.
Assessment includes a wide range of methods. There are mid-term class tests, individual essays and reports, group reports, individual and group presentations, and written examinations. A combination of assessments is used for all our courses. These assessments test your understanding of theoretical concepts, application in business practice and your ability to analyse and evaluate.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Accounting from University of Essex.
The degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: SGD 21,400.00 (payable in 6 instalments)
- Receive $300 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: SGD 181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 Jan 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules