Commencement Date : Jan 2018 | Expand All
- Topic : “Thanks to Murdoch University Double Major, I have the flexibility to plan my study at my own pace.” Find out more at Murdoch Info session today.
- Guest Speaker: Marlina - Programme Specialist
- Date: 19 December 2017, Tuesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Besides Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
Students have the option to enrol in either single or double majors.
CORE UNITS (Year 2 and 3 units)
BUS343 International Marketing
BUS293 Organisational Theory and Behaviour
BUS344 International Management
BUS284 Comparative Corporate Governance and International Operations
POL298 International Political Economy
BUS341 Business Negotiations: An International Perspective
BSL201 Finance Law
BSL203 Marketing and Advertising Law
BSL202 Workplace Law
BSL305 Company Law
BSL391 Alternative Dispute Resolution
In addition, students have to complete the following common Year 2 and 3 units:
BBS200 Understanding Business Research: An Introductory Approach
BBS300 Empirical Research Methods for Business or BBS301 Applying Mixed Methods Research to Business
BRD209 Creativity and Innovation
Polytechnic holders may opt for the single major Bachelor of Business in International Business programme which consists of 12 units.
Students with Murdoch University-recognised Kaplan Diplomas, Private Diplomas or Polytechnic Diplomas will be given 8 exemptions and gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. They can complete the course in 16 months instead of 28 months.
The Bachelor of Business programme accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Private Diploma, Advanced Diploma or foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- In all cases, the final admission decision to the programme rests with the University
Applicants admitted to the programme maybe required to undertake bridging units in order to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge.
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- International students are required to meet Murdoch University English language requirement. Please refer to http://www.murdoch.edu.au/_document/International-students/Murdoch_English_Entry_Requirements_Undergraduate.pdf
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. Students have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours. The Dean from Murdoch University is based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Business in International Business and Business Law (Double Major) from Murdoch University. The degree will be the same as that awarded to on-campus graduates in Australia.