- Topic: Embark on a mainly assignment-based Bachelor’s programme with a top 1% university worldwide, Northumbria University
- Date: 19 December 2017, Tuesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Mass Communication with Business is a Joint Honours degree which is a direct Hon with dual specialisation. It consists of 11 modules and may be completed in a minimum of 16 months in Singapore. Classes conducted on weekday evenings and weekends.
This programme is offered under Northumbria University’s School of Arts and Social Sciences.
|Semester 1||MP0518 Advertising: Reception and Texts
MP0531 Media Culture
|Semester 2||MP0539 Media Spaces
MP0538 Everyday Media
|Semester 3||MP0545 Mass Communication Industries
MP0544 Audiences and Mass Communication
|Semester 4||MP0637 Mass Communication
SM0376 Doing Business Globally and Internationally
|Semester 5||MK0389 Global Marketing and Communication
HR0372 Culture and Organisations
|Semester 6||MP0605 Media Dissertation|
Honours in the degree will be awarded in accordance with the university course regulations.
Professional Recognition and Accreditation:
- AACSB Accreditation, which has been earned by less than 5% of the business program worldwide.
- 22nd for the Business Program (The Sunday Times University Guide 2013)
- Top 10 for graduate level employability (The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2012)
Click for reasons to choose Northumbria University
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Mass Communication with Business accepts a wide range of qualifications.
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma
- Relevant Private Diploma
- Non-related Diploma will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- Mature candidates with working experience and other qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Module exemptions are available and subject to University assessment. All applications are subjected to the approval of Northumbria University.
A typical term is approximately 11 -13 weeks period covering 2 modules. Classes conducted on weekday evenings and weekends.
The actual cycle may vary depending on the nature of the course and the lecturers' availability. The University and Kaplan reserve the rights to alter the learning cycle, days and timing of the seminar if necessary.
Each unit is assessed by a combination of written assignments, projects, presentation or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Mass Communication with Business from Northumbria University.
The degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee:
- S$21,400.00 (11 modules) payable in 6 instalments
- S$13,910.00 (5 modules) payable in 3 instalments
- Receive S$300 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 Jan 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.