Commencement Date : September 2017 | Expand All
- Topic : Fancy a career with top earning positions in mass communication sector? Murdoch double major degree in Communication and Media Studies may be your gateway to these exciting careers. Find out more today!
- Guest Speaker: Ai Ling - Programme Specialist
- Date: 29 June 2017, Thursday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
Students have the option to enrol in either single or double majors.
Communication and Media Studies
CMS203 Audiences, Users and Participants
CMS306 Critical Topics in Communication and Media Studies
CMS305 Media Governance and the Public Sphere
CMS304 Communicating Global Issues
CMS201 Screen: Small. Medium and Large
CMS202 Old Media, New Media
*Units common to both majors need to be taken only once. Students may be required to complete two general electives.
Students are required to complete the following common units:
BAR200 Developing Research Skills and Methods
BAR300 Advanced Research in the Arts
BRD209 Creativity and Innovation
Students with Murdoch University-recognised Polytechnic Diplomas will be given 12 exemptions and gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. They can complete the course in 16 months instead of 28 months.
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media Studies (Single Major) accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing:
- Polytechnic Diploma
Additional Entry Requirements:
- Applicants admitted to the Bachelor of Arts programme may be required to undertake bridging units in order to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge. The final decision rests with Murdoch University.
- Successful completion of a recognised approved Diploma qualification of higher, where the language of instruction was English.
English requirement for International students:
- Applicants are required to meet Murdoch University English language requirement. Please refer to http://www.murdoch.edu.au/_document/International-students/Murdoch_English_Entry_Requirements_Undergraduate.pdf
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. Students have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours. The Dean from Murdoch University is based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media Studies (Single Major) from Murdoch University. The degree will be the same as that awarded to on-campus graduates in Australia.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee:
- S$18,489.60 (Single Major) payable in 4 instalments
- Receive S$300 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree programme. T&Cs apply.
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 22 September 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers