- topic: Gain career advantage with Northumbria University double specialisation degrees in Childhood, Disability or Counselling
- Date: 22 March 2018, Thursday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Childhood Studies and Early Years (Top-up) is a Joint Honours degree which is a direct Honours with dual specialisation. It consists of 9 modules and may be completed in 20 months in Singapore. Each unit is supported with 33-41 contact hours conducted on weekday evenings and weekend.
If you are interested in working with children, young people and families within social care, education or health settings, the flexible nature of this programme may be just what you are looking for. The Society Joint Honours degrees provide you with a unique opportunity to develop knowledge, insight and understanding in two subject areas that complement each other whilst exploring a range of career pathways.
Childhood and youth are hugely significant topics in 21st Century society and Childhood Studies takes views of childhood and youth as a focus of critical enquiry. This route considers a range of perspectives and ideas held by parents, professionals, and young people that impact on children's lives and the cultures in which they live.
Early Years supports the development of enquiry and understanding into policies and practices around young children and families. This route aims to present multiple perspectives and to draw on a range of significant disciplines; history, psychology, education, health, welfare, sociology and social policy, cultural studies, legal, political and economic perspectives.
- Ranked 5th for Education in the UK (The Guardian University Guide 2017)
- Recognized under Social Work Accreditation and Advisory Board, Singapore (SWAAB) (http://www.swaab.org.sg/)
- Approved education provider of Health and Care Professions Council, United Kingdom (HCPC)
- 95% satisfaction achieved for education programmes
(The Guardian University league table 2017)
- 90% employment rate achieved for Childhood Studies and Early Years
(The Higher Education Statistics Agency 2016)
- 90% employment rate achieved for Counselling degree graduates
(The Higher Education Statistics Agency 2016)
You may complete the programme within 20 months.
Honours in the degree will be awarded in accordance with the university course regulations.
Click for reasons to choose Northumbria University
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas or foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case by case basis
- In all cases, the final admissions decision to the programme rests with the University
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement (https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/international/international-admissions/english-language-requirements/)
A typical term is approximately 17 weeks period covering 2 modules. Each module is supported with approximately 33 - 41 contact hours, conducted on weekday evenings and weekends.
The actual cycle may vary depending on the nature of the course and the lecturers' availability. The University and Kaplan reserve the rights to alter the learning cycle, days and timing of the seminar if necessary.
Each unit is assessed by a combination of written assignments, projects, case studies and presentations. There are no examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Childhood Studies and Early Years (Top-up) from Northumbria University.
The degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: S$19,795.00 (9 modules) payable in 5 instalments
- Receive S$400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 Jan 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 3 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.