- Topic: According to The Economist magazine, University of Portsmouth’s graduates have the highest actual earnings! Find out more about the BSc Software Engineering and Forensic Computing TODAY!
- Guest Speaker: Carmen Chen - Programme Specialist
- Date: 15 March 2018, Thursday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
This Degree programme provides a strong grounding in two closely related fields of Computing and Digital Forensics. It is suitable for those seeking a career in Cybersecurity or Computer Forensics investigation.
With a 50% hands-on learning approach1, students will learn how to utilise digital forensic tools such as Forensic Toolkit (FTK Imager), The Sleuth Kit and the IDA Pro disassembler to solve real-world complex problems.
After graduation, students may choose to pursue the following roles:
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Computer Forensic Investigator
- Digital Forensics Specialist
- Penetration Tester
- IT Service Manager
This Degree programme can be completed in a minimum of 18 months on a part-time basis. Below is the programme structure:
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Forensic Fundamentals
- Business Information Systems Security
- Forensic Investigations
- Web-Script Programming
- Computer Operating Systems and Intermediate Networking
- Malware Forensics
- Security and Cryptography
- Data Warehousing and Mining
- System Security
- Final Year Engineering Project
For more information, please fill up the enquiry form so that our programme consultants can get back to you.
This Degree programme accepts a wide range of qualifications, which includes:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas and/or Foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
In all cases, the final decision on admission to the programme rests with the University.
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement2
Each term is a 12-week period covering 2 units of study. Each unit is provided with 24 hours of academic induction/seminar sessions after office hours in the evening and/or over weekends/public holidays.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, projects or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Honours) Forensic Computing from University of Portsmouth.
The Degree will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme tuition fee: S$21,935.00 (11 modules) payable in 6 instalments
- Receive S$400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our Degree programme*.
You can finance your fees through education loans with affordable monthly instalment payments**. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
- Non-refundable application fee2: S$181.90
Note: all prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown. All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 14 November 2017. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers.
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our programme consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
1 Our IT programmes are designed with about 50% practical and 50% theory lessons, but subject to change.
* Terms and conditions apply.
** Terms and conditions apply. Education loan is subject to bank’s approval.