This Degree programme aims to impart key software engineering principles and latest programming techniques to aspiring Programmers and Software Engineers.
After graduation, students may choose to pursue the following roles:
- Software Engineer
- Computer Programmer
- Software, Web and Multimedia Developer
- Software and Applications Manager
This Degree programme can be completed in a minimum of 18 months on a part-time basis. Below is the programme structure:
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Advanced Programming Concepts
- Getting Usability into Development Environments
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Web-Script Programming
- Discrete Mathematics and Functional Programming
- Reliable and Secure Systems
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Data Warehousing and Mining
- Distributed Systems and Parallel Programming
- Final Year Engineering Project
For more information, please fill up the enquiry form so that our programme consultants can get back to you.
This Degree programme accepts a wide range of qualifications, which includes:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas and/or Foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
In all cases, the final decision on admission to the programme rests with the University.
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement2
Each term is a 12-week period covering 2 units of study. Each unit is provided with 24 hours of academic induction/seminar sessions after office hours in the evening and/or over weekends/public holidays.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, projects or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Engineering from University of Portsmouth.
The Degree will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme tuition fee: S$21,935.00 (11 modules) payable in 6 instalments
- Receive S$400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our Degree programme*.
You can finance your fees through education loans with affordable monthly instalment payment**. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
- Non-refundable application fee2: S$181.90
Note: all prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown. All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 14 November 2017. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers.
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
1 Our IT programmes are designed with about 50% practical and 50% theory lessons, but subject to change.
* Terms and conditions apply.
** Terms and conditions apply. Education loan is subject to bank’s approval.