- Topic: Experience Mock-up Courtroom with Birmingham City University Law Degree (Hons)
- Guest Speaker: Derrick Lau - Programme Specialist
- Date: 02 May 2018, Wednesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
This programme is perfect for working adults who wish to study for a Law Degree with practical real-world application knowledge.
By immersing students in our unique mock courtroom, students will gain experience of realistic legal scenarios and wide understanding across a range of Legal subjects.
This Degree programme is recognised by the Bar Council of India. It is also accredited by the Joint Academic Stage Board of England and Wales as a Qualifying Law Degree (which enables students to progress to qualifications for a Barrister or Solicitor in the UK).
After graduation, students may choose to pursue the following roles (but not limited to):
- Foreign Lawyer1
- In-House Counsel2
- Paralegal or Law Enforcement Officer
This Degree programme may be completed in a minimum of 36 months on a part-time basis. Below is the programme structure:
- Criminal Law
- Law of Contract
- Law of Tort
- English Legal System and Practice
- Equity and Trusts
- Land Law
- Law of the European Union
- Public Law and Civil Rights
For more information, please fill up the enquiry form so that our programme consultants can get back to you.
This Degree programme accepts a wide range of qualifications, which includes:
- Polytechnic Diploma or an equivalent qualification
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas and/or Foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
In all cases, the final decision on to the programme rests with the University.
Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement3
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in the programme. Each 30 credit-point unit is supported with 48 to 60 contact hours made up of classes over weekdays.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, projects or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the units stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from Birmingham City University.
The Degree award will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme tuition fee: S$22,470.00 (payable in 6 instalments)
- Receive S$400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our Degree programme*.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Non-refundable application fee: S$181.90
Note: all prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown. All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 15 November 2017. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers.
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
1 If you are admitted, qualified or authorised to practise in any jurisdiction, you are allowed to practise foreign law in Singapore if you register as a “Foreign Lawyer” under Part IXA of the Legal Profession Act with the Attorney-General’s Chambers’ Legal Profession (International Services) Secretariat. You will not need to take any courses or examinations. Please visit the Ministry of Law for more information here.
2 You may be able to practise in an organisation in Singapore. For more information, please refer to the Singapore Corporate Counsel Association.
* Terms and conditions apply.
** Terms and conditions apply. Education loan is subject to bank’s approval.