- Topic : The Preferred Way to Achieve Success in Legal Profession with a Law Degree from BCU, UK
- Guest Speaker: Derrick Lau - Programme Specialist
- Date: 05 July 2017, Wednesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
This degree programme consists of 8 modules.
- English Legal System and Practice
- Law of Tort
- Law of Contract
- Criminal Law
- Public Law and Civil Rights
- Land Law
- Equity and Trusts
- Law of the European Union
The Bachelor of Laws (Honours) program accepts a wide range of advanced standing qualifications.
- Polytechnic Diploma in Law and Management
- Polytechnic Diploma in Paralegal Studies / Legal Executive Studies
- Kaplan Diploma in Commerce in the following specialisations:
- Legal Studies
- Business Administration
- General Studies
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Finance and Banking
- Sales and Retail Management
- Logistic and Supply Chain Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Other qualification will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
All applications are subjected to the approval of Birmingham City University.
Applicants are required to meet Birmingham City University’s English language requirements as follow:
I. GCE O-Level English Language at C-grade and above or
II. IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
A wide variety of assessment approaches are used across the programme. These include coursework, presentations (oral and written), journal and diary keeping, drafting, role-play, project work and examinations (case-based, open-book and closed-book). Assessment methods may vary according to individual module requirements.
The assessment also includes practical sessions in the mock courtroom that bring study to life.
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in the programme. The Bachelor of Laws (Hons) programme may be completed in a minimum of 3 years by enrolling in 2 to 3 units per term over 3 terms. Each 30 credit point unit is supported with 48 to 60 contact hours made up of classes over weekdays.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Birmingham City University.
The degree awarded will be the same as that to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: SGD 21,828 payable in 6 instalments
- Receive $300 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: SGD 181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 10 Oct 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules