Foundation Diploma programme consists of 4 modules and may be completed in 6 months.
- Academic Skills
- Critical Thinking, Innovation and Communication
- Organisations in a Global Context
- Introduction to Financial and Data Literacy
- Minimum 1 GCE O-level pass OR
- NITEC or Higher NITEC; OR
- Mature candidates (≥ 30 years old with 8 years work experience); OR
- Candidates with other qualifications will be assessed on case-by-case basis
English language requirement:
- GCE O-Level English language subject (grade 1 to 7); OR
- Successfully pass Kaplan English Placement Test; OR
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent (applicable for International students)
The curriculum is taught over 4 terms of 6 weeks with each term covering 1 module. Each module is supported with 40 contact hours. Classes are 4-hour sessions held twice a week.
Each module is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment method may vary according to individual module requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded the Foundation Diploma from Kaplan Higher Education Institute. Foundation Diploma graduates can then progress to pursue our Diploma Programmes.
The tuition fee covers study guides, course notes, assignments, examination, projects, Foundation Diploma (if earned) and transcript.
- S$1,697.60 (after SGD 100 study rebate). However, study rebate will be deductible from the last instalment if payment is made by instalment plan.
Foundation Diploma is eligible for S$500 SkillsFuture Credit.
With effect from 19 May 2017, SkillsFuture Credit used for a programme at Kaplan (subject to SkillsFuture’s approved list of programmes) will be paid directly to Kaplan Higher Education Institute.
If you wish to use your SkillsFuture Credit, you can make your claim up to 60 days before the start of the programme till the day of programme commencement (with effect from 21 April 2017).
According to SkillsFuture SG, this window period is sufficient for individuals to make claims to facilitate earlier programme registration.
When making a claim, you should inform your Programme Consultant on the intention to use your SkillsFuture Credit and to request for the relevant amount to be offset against the qualifying programme fees.
After which, you can then submit the claim via the SkillsFuture Credit Portal for the relevant amount to be paid to Kaplan Higher Education Institute for your registered programme.
For more information, please visit http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$74.90 (includes application for Kaplan student access card)
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 20 September 2017.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers