Problem solving and decision making are part of the daily life of working professionals. In the case for managers, there is an added element of consideration of team dynamics in order to achieve organisational vision.
From the problem level, the manager has to consider the root causes and context of the issue. From the people level, the manager has to be aware of the dynamics of the different stakeholders involved. From the organisational level, the manager has to comply with established processes and systems yet meet organisational goals.
On completion of this unit, you will be able to identify and examine causes of performance deficiency and their impact on systems and resources, manage team dynamics in group discussion to identify root causes(s), and apply problem solving tools and techniques to address performance deficiency.
On completing this programme, participants should be able to:
- Anticipate and identify problems within the context of the organisation
- Facilitate generation of ideas from an organisational perspective
- Evaluate the impact of selected ideas on systems and resources of the organisation
- Make decision and take responsibility for it in the organisation
Topics covered include:
- Managing problem-solving process
- Techniques to identify root causes (Fish Bone Diagram, Logical thinking process, 5 Why’s)
- Group dynamics and teamwork
- Solutions selection tools (SWOT, Decision Grid)
- SMART implementation plan
- Rectifi cation plan
For more information on dates and fees please see our Training Calendar.
16 Hours/ 2 Days
Course Fees (In-Company)
|Full course fee||
|Nett course fee||
|7% GST on full course fee||
|Total nett course fee payable, including GST||
|Additional funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)||
|Total nett course fee payable ,including GST, after additional funding from WTS||
|Additional funding if eligible under Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||
|Total nett course fee payable ,including GST, after additional funding for SMEs||
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy||
|Total nett course fee payable ,including GST, after additional funding from Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy||
All training grants and fundings are subjected to SSG Terms and conditions.
Information is accurate as of 23rd April 2016.