Training Commitment Award (TCA)
The Training Commitment Award is a cash incentive which serves to motivate and reward individuals for undergoing sustained training.
Individuals who meet the qualifying criteria can enjoy a cash award of $200, up to a maximum of $400 per year. To qualify for Training Commitment Award, one must be a recipient of the Workfare Income Supplement Scheme (WIS).
Who are eligible for WIS?
To be eligible for WIS, one must fulfil the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen;
- 35 years old or over on 31 December of the work year;
- Work at least two months in a three-month period;
- Earn an average gross monthly income1 of not more $1,900 for the period worked;
- Live in a property with an annual value2 of no more than $13,000 assessed as of 31 December of the previous year; and
- Do not own two or more properties
If you are married:
- You and your spouse together must not own two or more properties; and
- The assessable income of your spouse must not exceed $70,000.
In addition, one must achieve either one of the following:
- Two WSQ Statements of Attainment (SOA) attained within a 12- month period; or
- One WSQ ; or
- One Academic CET Modular Certificate or Post-Diploma Certificate; or
- One Academic CET Qualification ; or
- One Qualification for Other Certifiable Course supported and approved by SSG
Those eligible will receive $200 for every qualification, modular/post-diploma certificate or two WSQ SOAs attained within a 12-month period, capped at $400 a year.
How to apply?
One do not need to apply for Training Commitment Award (TCA) as TCA will be paid together with WIS. If eligible, you will receive a Workfare letter with TCA and WIS payment details.
For more information on the TCA, please click here.
1 Average gross monthly income includes basic salary and other wages such as overtime pay and bonuses.
2 Annual value is the amount, before deductions, the property can be expected to earn in rent for the year.
Information is accurate as of 31st August 2016. SSG terms and conditions apply.