As a Top 30 University in UK, the University of Essex (UOE) stays committed to delivering quality programmes and maintaining close links with many professional bodies.
Today, the University’s Double Specialisation Honours Degrees cover popular subjects such as Accounting, Banking, Finance and Marketing.
The Accounting and Finance programmes continue to benefit graduates by providing exemptions for qualifications under the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation level).
Multiple Accreditations for Accounting and Finance Programme
- Get up to 7 ACCA, 6 CIMA, 6 ICAEW1 and 2 Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation)2 paper exemptions after graduation3
- Aligned to the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) syllabus, which covers 30% of the CFA Level I curriculum4
Strong Industry Relevance for Banking and Finance Programme
- Get up to 7 ACCA paper exemptions after graduation
- Aligned to the IMC syllabus, which covers 30% of the CFA Level I curriculum
Insightful Decision-Making Knowledge for Management and Marketing Programme
- Provides deep management perspective with Marketing subjects
- Deep dive into popular subjects such as Management Psychology, Digital Marketing and Social Media
1 To be eligible for credit-based exemptions, ICAEW requires that students apply for credit within 5 years of completion and have achieved a minimum mark of 50% in all modules of their Degree programme relevant to their application for credit.
2 Students who scored a minimum of 60% passing score for BE111 Management Accounting I, BE113 Management Accounting II and BE132 Auditing can be exempted for the Accounting for Decision Making (ADF) and Assurance (ASF) modules under the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation Level). Exemptions granted will be subject to the sole discretion of Singapore Accountancy Commission at any time.
3 Please refer to this link for further information on professional accreditations for ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW programmes.
4 The IMC provides the ideal foundation for those with future plans for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Programme. IMC cover 30% of the CFA Level I curriculum. For more information, please refer to CFA Society UK.