- Course Description
Introduction to ACCA
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants offers business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
In order to become a qualified accountant and use the designatory letters “ACCA” after your name, you need to complete:
- 13 exams (nine of which are eligible for exemption)
- 3 years’ relevant practical experience requirements
- A Professional Ethics module
You have the opportunity to gain a BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University upon part completion of the ACCA Qualification exams*.
* Terms and conditions apply.
Why Study with Kaplan?
Kaplan is one of Singapore’s leading providers of professional accounting and finance programmes, having trained thousands of students to date.
Kaplan has been accorded a number of honours by our partners, demonstrating our commitment to achieving excellent standards of teaching and providing outstanding student support and learning facilities. Widely recognised as an institution with dedicated lecturers and a proven track record of exceptional pass rates, Kaplan will equip you with the skills and confidence needed to shine in the challenging accounting and finance industry.
- ACCA Approved Learning Partner (ALP) – Student Tuition Platinum Status.
- Well-established with a complete range of professional accounting and financial courses in Singapore, catering to all levels.
- To date, thousands of students have been through our doors. We have one of the largest accounting and finance lecturer teams, who bring with them an invaluable pool of experience which our students can readily tap on.
- Our centrally-located campuses at Wilkie Edge and GR.ID (formerly PoMo) facilitate your learning.
- Voted “Best Corporate Training Provider for Finance Management” by JobsCentral Learning Training in 2017 & 2018.
- Voted “Top 3 Best Private Institutes in Singapore” by AsiaOne People’s Choice Awards 2013-2016.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Candidates should preferably have minimum 2 GCE A-Level and 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credits (includes credits in ‘O’ Level English and Maths)
- Language Proficiency: GCE ‘O’ Level English
ACCA offer exemptions from Foundation level or ACCA Qualification exams, based on your prior learning. They help ensure you start at the level that’s right for you. Getting an idea of what exemptions you might be eligible to claim is quick and easy.
All students must contact ACCA to confirm their exemptions. Detailed information about this can be found at http://www.accaglobal.com/exemptions
Check your exemption eligibility at https://www.accaglobal.com/an/en/help/exemptions-calculator.html
The easiest and quickest way to apply for your ACCA membership is through ACCA’s online portal. There are many benefits if you do. You can:
- Upload all your supporting documentation, saving time and postage cost
- Apply Online for any of ACCA’s range of qualifications
- Plan ahead and enter for your exams at the same time, saving you time and money
- Claim provisional exemptions so you know at which level you can start your studies, immediately after completing your application
- Track your application on myACCA
Registration for Computer-Based Exams (CBE)
Registration for FIA and ACCA Computer-Based Exams is now opened for Kaplan students as well as the public. You may access our forms as follows (click to download).
- Application form: Computer-based Examinations
- Registration form: Kaplan students
- Registration form: Public candidates
- Course Schedule
In addition to completing the exams, you will need to gain 3 years’ relevant and supervised practical work experience. These 3 years can be obtained before, during or after your exams.
All students will receive specially prepared lecture notes, Kaplan Publishing Study Text and Exam Kits.
- BT-MA-FA Jul 2021 Intake (F1-F3)
- LW-PM-TX-FR-AA-FM Jul 2021 Intake (F4-F9)
- SBL-SBR-AFM-APM-ATX-AAA Jul 2021 Intake (SBR and P4-P7)
- Apr/May 2021 Revision Intake
- Oct/Nov 2021 Revision Intake
- ACCA (Domestic students) – Jul 2021 Intake
- ACCA (International students) – Jul 2021 Intake
- ACCA (Revision) – Apr 2021 Intake
- ACCA (Revision) – Oct 2021 Intake
The Kaplan360 application, available on both Apple and Google Play stores, can also be used to track class schedules. For more information, please visit https://www.kaplan.com.sg/terms-use-kaplan360/
- Student Registration
The following fees apply and are subject to change without written notice:
- Computer-Based Exam (CBE) Fees
|CBE Fees 2021||Fees|
|Non-Kaplan Student||Kaplan Student|
|FA1, MA1, FA2, MA2||S$240||S$216|
|FBT, FMA, FFA, BT, MA, FA||S$280||S$252|
|LW (English/Global Variant)||S$346||S$312
- Non-Tuition Fees
|New International Student Application Fee||S$492.20|
|Fee Protection Scheme||Absorbed by Kaplan|
|Medical Insurance Fee (second year onward)||S$44.95|
|New International Student Administration Fee||S$400|
|Existing International Student Administration Fee||S$100|
*Prices indicated are inclusive of GST
BSc (Honours) in Applied Accounting
Students studying for their ACCA qualification now have the opportunity to obtain a degree from Oxford Brookes University, a recognised and highly respected UK university.
We are the first training centre in Singapore to offer the Oxford Brookes University Degree Programme. This programme enables ACCA students to obtain an Oxford Brookes degree, BSc (Honours) in Applied Accounting, upon the successful completion of the ACCA Fundamentals Level examinations.
These tutorials will equip you with the necessary skills required to complete both your Research & Analysis Report and Skills & Learning Statement. They will cover:
- Choosing your topic
- Research & analysis methods
- Writing your report
- Communicating with your Mentor
- Presentation Skills
- Preparing your Skills & Learning Statement
- Submission procedures
- Online Mentoring
To provide guidance and support in preparation for your Skills & Learning Statement. This online support is provided by Kaplan mentor. However, should you require additional support, you can book meetings with our mentor to discuss the challenges which you are facing.
- Group Presentation
To give you the opportunity to deliver a 15-minute presentation on your Report to your peers in accordance with the Oxford Brookes University’s requirements.
- Research And Analysis Project Guide
In addition, students will receive an ACCA/Oxford Brookes University Approved Research and Analysis Project Guide from Kaplan Publishing, which includes a list of recommended topics for your report, plus extensive guidance notes on how to conduct your research.
To be awarded the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting you must:
- Opt in to do the BSc with ACCA UK before passing any of the 3 ACCA Fundamental papers FR, AA and FM
- Hold a recognised English language qualification certificate and transcript (if applicable), which must be submitted and approved by ACCA, before passing FR, AA and FM.
- Pass the three ACCA Fundamentals papers FR, AA & FM & pass other papers as required to successfully complete all nine Fundamentals Level papers
- Complete the ACCA Professional Ethics module by stipulated date from Oxford Brookes University, before submission of project.
- Complete and pass the Oxford Brookes University Research and Analysis Project
- The degree must be completed within 10 years of the earliest of the date of your first ACCA examination pass or the date of your first ACCA exemption being granted otherwise your eligibility will be withdrawn.
Please note that you must successfully complete the Fundamental level exam papers (AB, MA, FA, LW*, PM, TX*, FR, AA, FM) and complete the Professional Ethics module before submitting a Research and Analysis Project to Oxford Brookes University. You are required to pay a project submission fee of £191 (Period 30) to Oxford Brookes University with your project submission.
You will gain access to the Strategic Professional level via myACCA as soon as you become eligible to take SBL.
The minimum academic entry requirements for registering on the BSc degree are:
- 2 ‘A’ levels plus 3 GCE ‘O’ levels including Mathematics and English
- Oxford Brookes University recognises a number of other qualifications which satisfy the minimum English Language requirement, including a pass in Paper LW* Corporate & Business Law prior to attempting Papers FR, AA & FM.
Oxford Brookes University (OBU) has just aligned their English Language Proficiency requirements with those of ACCA. Students are now no longer required to submit evidence of their English proficiency to ACCA for approval. Please refer to https://www.accaglobal.com/sg/en/help/oxford-brookes.html for more information.
As a registered student, you may be given exemptions from one or more of the 9 ACCA specified exam papers. Oxford Brookes University will give credits for exemptions by ACCA for any of Papers AB, MA, FA, LW*, PM, TX*. However, if you wish to achieve the BSc degree you must sit and pass all of the 3 ACCA subjects FR, AA & FM.
No exemptions can be given from the Professional Ethics Module or from the Oxford Brookes University Research and Analysis Project.
The Research and Analysis Project (RAP) is the final component of the BSc degree and consists of two separate documents:
- 7,500-word Research Report (RR) and a
- 2,000-word Skills and Learning Statement (SLS)
You are required to give a presentation on the project to your project mentor. You have 3 attempts to pass the RAP. If you fail the RAP on three separate occasions, you will no longer be eligible to complete the BSc degree.
Please note that you can either submit the same project topic 3 times or 3 different RAPs.
Determination of Degree Class
The BSc degree will be based on both:
- The ACCA average mark determined from the exam marks in the Fundamental Skills Papers (LW*, PM, TX*, FR, AA, FM)
- The grade achieved for the Research and Analysis Project (RAP)
You will be given one of three Passes grades (A, B or C) or a Fail Grade (F) for the performance in the RP. You will be given either a ‘Satisfactory’ grade or an ‘Unsatisfactory’ grade for the performance in the SLS.
International students who enrol for Kaplan course packages will enjoy “Green Lane” processing of student pass applications. “Green Lane” means reduced processing time, waiver of security deposit, waiver of interview for PRC students and the student pass will be valid for the full duration of the course. For more for information, click to view the Student pass application process
KHEA will provide the student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the contract has been signed by both parties. The student will be refunded the highest percentage of the fees already paid if they submit a written notice of withdrawal to KHEA within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether they have started the course or not. In the event that a student wishes to withdraw from the programme, the application fee and administrative fee are not refundable. Students are liable to pay (where applicable) fees that are imposed by the government authorities or other external partners. For more information on Fee Protection Scheme and refund policy, please
refer to www.ssg-wsg.gov.sg
Medical Insurance Coverage
For international students wish to opt-in for medical insurance, their Insurance Premium will be $46.05 (inclusive of 7% GST). CPE has mandated that students who opt out must produce their medical insurance policy for verification by the PEI. KHEA will only exempt students who submit a copy of their medical insurance policy for opting out. Please download the following medical insurance guideline documents:
- KHEA – Medical Insurance Certificate
- KHEA Benefits Schedule GHS Plan 1 – $30K + GPA $20K
- KHEA Outpatient Co-pay Product Summary & FAQs
- Private Education Institution Combined Claim Form
- Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance Product Summary and FAQs
- Group Personal Accident Insurance Product Summary & FAQs
- Smartcare Provider | Smartcare Provider List (PDF)
- Your Guide to Health Insurance