This programme provides you with a wide range and diverse base of specialist health management courses. It is tailored for graduates or managers of health services wanting to develop their skills and understanding of contemporary health service management issues, as well as for people who will be commencing a career in the healthcare sector.
It has been developed so as to support students and career aspirants to work both in the Singaporean healthcare system and other Asian healthcare services and systems. Careers may be available for professionals interested in moving into the health services area, or for early and mid-career health professionals seeking advancement, broadening their expertise and/or moving into management.
Accredited by the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM), ACHSM is the peak professional body for health managers in Australasia, and brings together health leaders to learn, network and share ideas. The mission of the college is to recognise, develop and support effective health leadership and management to deliver quality services, and improve health and well-being.
Each course in this programme is 10-credit points. To be eligible to graduate the programme with a Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management, a student must acquire 40-credit points.
• Leadership in Management for Health Services
• Health Economics
• Change Management in Dynamic Healthcare Systems
• Health Informatics
• Health Finance and Project Management
• Health Workforce
• Translating Clinical Innovation into Work Practice
• Health Policy and Planning
• Foundations of Research Inquiry in Health
• Strategic Decision Making in Health
• Applied Ethics and Law for Health Services Managers
• Health Workforce Planning and Innovation
Click for reasons to choose Griffith University.
Applicants for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management will normally:
- Hold a Bachelor Degree in any discipline
- OR a health-related diploma with two years of relevant work experience in the health or aged sector
- OR have a minimum of five years equivalent full-time work experience in administrative, management and leadership roles within healthcare organisations (students would be expected to have career goals to work in health-related organisations).
Note: Progression for students admitted to the Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management to the Master of Health Services Management is dependent upon achieving a minimum Pass grade in all of the Graduate Certificate courses.
English Language requirements apply to international applicants and other applications whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this programme are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0; or
- Minimum score of 575 on TOEFL; or
- Internet-based (Ibt) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19); or
- No score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only); or
- Minimum grade C on the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE); or
- Minimum grade C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); or
- Overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Applicants should refer to the following University policy for further information:
Students who successfully complete the Direct Entry Programme (DEP) will satisfy the English Language requirements for this Griffith Degree.
Subject to the work related
• You can plan your study schedule to suit your own pace in each semester.
• Can be completed in 1 Trimester (4 months; full-load study mode) or 2 Trimesters (8 months; half-load study mode).
• Courses are fully taught by Griffith University faculty
• Lectures/Workshops for each course are 16 hours via block-teaching
• Assignment-based programme
Students who successfully complete and pass the courses stipulated in the programme structures, will be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management from Griffith University.
The Degree will be the same as that awarded to on-campus graduates.
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: S$9,555.10 (w/GST), (4 courses) payable in 2 instalments.
- Receive S$200 referral fee1 when you recommend your friend to enrol in our Degree programme. T&Cs apply.
This programme is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit2 up to S$500.
|Programme Title:||Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management|
|Programme Reference Number:||MOH_038|
(before SkillsFuture Credit)
|S$8,930.00 (w/o GST)|
|Funding Validity Period||8 Aug 2017 – 31 Aug 2020|
|Programme Objectives:||These programmes provide you with a wide-ranging and diverse base of specialist health management courses. They are tailored for graduates, managers of health services wanting to develop their skills and knowledge of contemporary health service management issues as well as those commencing a career in the Singaporean Healthcare system and other Asian healthcare services and systems. Careers may be available for professionals interested in moving into the health services area or for early and mid-career health professionals seeking advancement, broadening their expertise and/or moving into management.|
With effect from 19 May 2017, SkillsFuture Credit used for a programme at Kaplan (subject to SkillsFuture’s approved list of programmes) will be paid directly to Kaplan Higher Education Institute.
If you wish to use your SkillsFuture Credit, you can make your claim up to 60 days before the start of the programme till the day of programme commencement (with effect from 21 April 2017). According to SkillsFuture SG, this window period is sufficient for individuals to make claims to facilitate earlier programme registration.
When making a claim, you should inform your Programme Consultant on your intention to use your SkillsFuture Credit and request for the relevant amount to be offset against the qualifying programme fees. After which, you can then submit the claim via the SkillsFuture Credit Portal for the relevant amount to be paid to Kaplan Higher Education Institute for your registered programme.
For more information, please visit http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit
- Students who utilise SkillsFuture Credit or SkillsFuture Singapore subsidies are not eligible, in accordance with SkillsFuture Singapore’s Marketing Guidelines for Training Providers.
- Terms and conditions apply. All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
A non-refundable application fees are as follows:
Application fee: S$ 181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 8 May 2019. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 3 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules
Expand your career in healthcare with Griffith University ranked Top 3% of universities worldwide
Attend Webinar, Register here: https://kaplan.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUlf-6pqzktCoBAjpUCrOsuEjbFXiVHYQ
Interested applicants who wish to learn more, please contact Yetty Zhang at +6581001022.
Nurse, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital
Operations Manager, Healthcare Industry
Assistant Nurse Clinician, Government Hospital
Senior Staff Nurse, Public Hospital
Senior Staff Nurse, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
Radiographer, Public Healthcare Institution
Nurse Manager at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and proud daughter of Guna D.
Assistant Director of Nursing at Sunlove Home, and proud mother of Yasoda Suriya