This programme provides you with a wide range and diverse base of specialist health management courses. It is tailored for graduates or managers of health services wanting to develop their skills and understanding of contemporary health service management issues, as well as for people who will be commencing a career in the healthcare sector.
It has been developed so as to support students and career aspirants to work both in the Singaporean healthcare system and other Asian healthcare services and systems. Careers may be available for professionals interested in moving into the health services area, or for early and mid-career health professionals seeking advancement, broadening their expertise and/or moving into management.
Accredited by the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM), ACHSM is the peak professional body for health managers in Australasia, and brings together health leaders to learn, network and share ideas. The mission of the college is to recognise, develop and support effective health leadership and management to deliver quality services, and improve health and well-being.
Each course in this programme is 10-credit points. To be eligible to graduate the programme with a Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management, a student must acquire 40-credit points.
• Leadership in Management for Health Services
• Health Economics
• Change Management in Dynamic Healthcare Systems
• Health Informatics
• Health Finance and Project Management
• Health Workforce
• Translating Clinical Innovation into Work Practice
• Health Policy and Planning
• Foundations of Research Inquiry in Health
• Strategic Decision Making in Health
• Applied Ethics and Law for Health Services Managers
• Health Workforce Planning and Innovation
Click for reasons to choose Griffith University.
Applicants for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management will normally:
- Hold a Bachelor Degree in any discipline
- OR a health-related diploma with two years of relevant work experience in the health or aged sector
- OR have a minimum of five years equivalent full-time work experience in administrative, management and leadership roles within healthcare organisations (students would be expected to have career goals to work in health-related organisations).
Note: Progression for students admitted to the Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management to the Master of Health Services Management is dependent upon achieving a minimum Pass grade in all of the Graduate Certificate courses.
English Language requirements apply to international applicants and other applications whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this programme are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0; or
- Minimum score of 575 on TOEFL; or
- Internet-based (Ibt) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19); or
- No score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only); or
- Minimum grade C on the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE); or
- Minimum grade C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); or
- Overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Applicants should refer to the following University policy for further information:
Students who successfully complete the Direct Entry Programme (DEP) will satisfy the English Language requirements for this Griffith Degree.
Subject to the work related
• You can plan your study schedule to suit your own pace in each semester.
• Can be completed in 1 Trimester (4 months; full-load study mode) or 2 Trimesters (8 months; half-load study mode).
• Courses are fully taught by Griffith University faculty
• Lectures/Workshops for each course are 16 hours via block-teaching
• Assignment-based programme
Students who successfully complete and pass the courses stipulated in the programme structures, will be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management from Griffith University.
The Degree will be the same as that awarded to on-campus graduates.
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: S$9,555.10 (w/GST), (4 courses) payable in 2 instalments.
- Receive S$200 referral fee1 when you recommend your friend to enrol in our Degree programme. T&Cs apply.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
A non-refundable application fees are as follows:
Application fee: S$ 181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 8 May 2019. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 3 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules
Expand your career in healthcare with Griffith University ranked Top 3% of universities worldwide
Attend our Live webinar session on 15/07/2020 7:00pm by clicking on the link here.
Interested applicants who wish to learn more, please contact Yetty Zhang at +6581001022.
Senior Staff Nurse, Public Hospital
Nurse, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital
Operations Manager, Healthcare Industry
Assistant Nurse Clinician, Government Hospital
Senior Staff Nurse, Public Hospital
Senior Staff Nurse, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
Radiographer, Public Healthcare Institution
Nurse Manager at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and proud daughter of Guna D.