- Course Description
Introduction to CPA Program
CPA Australia is one of the world’s leading professional accountancy organisations with more than 160,000 members in 118 countries. A large number of CPA Australia members hold senior leadership roles, and a large proportion of these operate at CEO or CFO level – or in business owner roles.
The CPA (Certified Practising Accountant) designation is recognised throughout the world and denotes a combination of strategic business skill and leadership as well as technical rigour. It represents a soundness in depth, breadth and quality of knowledge in accounting and finance. The CPA Program is a rigorous, educational and experienced program, comprising education segments and integrated workplace learning.
For more information on the CPA Program and gaining the CPA designation, visit www.cpaaustralia.com.au.
Why Study with Kaplan?
Kaplan Higher Education Academy is a Registered Tuition Provider for the CPA Program, offering tuition to CPA Program professional level candidates since 2011. The tuition provided to candidates by Kaplan Higher Education Academy complements the CPA Program distance education program, helping to prepare candidates for their CPA Program exams.
- Registered Tuition Provider in Singapore for the CPA Program
- Longest-running provider in Singapore since 2011
- Prepared more than 1,000 CPA students for their exams
For both part-time and full-time study, the Minimum Entry Requirements are:
Minimum Age: 18
– Bachelor’s Degree holders or equivalent
– Applicants who are in the final year of their Bachelor’s Degree course at the time of application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The final decision on admission to the programme rests with CPA Australia.
Language Proficiency: IELTS score of 5.5 and above or equivalent (e.g. PEF)
To use the CPA Australia designation, a member must:
- Complete a degree or a postgraduate award recognised by CPA Australia
- Complete the CPA programme, a comprehensive postgraduate professional study programme
- Complete three years of supervised or mentored experience in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Undertake CPD activities each year
- Comply with the strict code of conduct set by CPA Australia
Candidates have to visit www.cpaaustralia.com.au for the assessment pathway test to determine your entry point to the CPA Program.
|Foundation Exams (Non-Accounting Pathway)||CPA Program® (Accounting Pathway)|
|Who is this for:
– Graduates of non-accounting related programmes or non-accredited courses who wish to forge a career in accounting and finance
– Working professionals of a non-accounting industry who wish to make a career switch into accountancy and finance
|Who is this for:
– Fresh graduates of Accounting-related programmes who wish to pursue and achieve an internationally-recognised professional designation in the CPA and kick-start their careers
– Current professionals in the accountancy and finance industry who wish to upgrade themselves with a CPA designation and propel their careers to the next level
|Click here to understand more about the Foundation Exams||Click here to understand more about the CPA Program®|
The course focuses on questions practice and the review of key concepts at the Professional Level of the CPA Program. We provide classes for the following modules:
- Ethics and Governance
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Global Strategy and Leadership
- Advanced Audit and Assurance (Elective Module)
(excluding Australia Taxation – Advanced, Contemporary Business Issues and Financial Risk Management)
Promotions and Discounts
Enjoy 10% off when you enrol for 2 or more papers. Not applicable with other promotions.
Course Enrolment (8 sessions/24 hours per subjects)
|Ethics & Governance||S$600|
|Strategic Management Accounting||S$600|
|Advanced Audit & Assurance||S$600|
|Global Strategy & Leadership||S$600|
|Australia Taxation – Advanced||S$600|
Note: Above fees are in Singapore dollars and are inclusive of 7% GST.
Kaplan Learning Institute reserves the right to adjust our fees based on prevailing GST Act.
The revision course provided to candidates will complement the CPA Program distance education program, helping to prepare candidates for their CPA Program professional level segments.
Download the course schedule for:
International students who enrol for Kaplan Learning Institute(KLI) course packages will enjoy “Green Lane” processing of student pass applications. “Green Lane” means reduced processing time, waiver of a security deposit, waiver of interview for PRC students and the student pass will be valid for the full duration of the course. For more for information, click to view the Student pass application process
Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)
KLI has put in place requirements which include the Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) regulated by the Committee for Private Education (CPE). For more information, please visit www.cpe.gov.sg
FPS is applicable to ALL students (regardless of nationality and the type of passes, i.e. dependent’s pass, student’s pass, work permit etc). It is mandatory for all students to apply for FPS and sign a student contract when they enrol for courses with any Private Education Institution (PEI) with EduTrust Certification.
For international students wish to opt-in for medical insurance, their Insurance Premium will be $46.05(inclusive of 7% GST). CPE has mandated that students who opt out must produce their medical insurance policy for verification by the PEI. KHEA will only exempt students who submit a copy of their medical insurance policy for opting out. Please download the following medical insurance guideline documents:
- KHEA – Medical Insurance Certificate
- KHEA Benefits Schedule GHS Plan 1 – $30K + GPA $20K
- KHEA Outpatient Co-pay Product Summary & FAQs
- Private Education Institution Combined Claim Form
- Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance Product Summary and FAQs
- Group Personal Accident Insurance Product Summary & FAQs
- Smartcare Provider | Smartcare Provider List (PDF)
- Your Guide to Health Insurance
New international students are required to pay the following fees upon registration.
|New International Student Application Fee||S$672.00|
|Local Transfer Student Application Fee||S$370.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)||Paid by Kaplan|
|Medical Insurance Fee (valid up to 1 year only)||$46.05|
|Supplementary Fee||$180 (per intake)|
#Prices indicated are inclusive of GST
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Please click here to view our withdrawal and refund policies.