This is a top-up master degree programme. The programme consists of 3 modules and may be completed in a minimum of 9 months.
- Modern Theory of Finance
- Financial Econometrics and Research Skills in Accounting and Finance
Any of the six CCAB accounting professional qualifications, which could be any of ACCA, CIPFA, ACIEW, ACAS, ACAI and CIMA final stage examination completion, or equivalent overseas qualifications which have been fully recognised by any of the CCAB members or the university, including ISCA, HKCPA and CPA Australia, . There is no English Language entry requirement as all the potential students would have studied and completed their professional examinations in English.
English Language Proficiency:
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
This top-up master degree programme consists of 3 modules and may be completed in a minimum of 9 months by enrolling in 1-2 modules per trimester over 3 academic trimesters. Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. Each module is supported with 48 contact hours with four intensive teaching blocks over the duration of a trimester. This is to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled on this programme. There will be no weekend classes. Dissertation will be delivered over 15 hours tutorial support which includes a total of 3 hours of one to one supervision.
The assessment strategy combines a variety of approaches. These include academic papers reviews, mini projects, business reports, presentations and examinations (case-based, and closed-book). Assessment methods may vary according to individual module requirements.
Research Skills in Accounting and Finance
- 5000-word written submission of a well argued and justified Research Proposal (80%) for their dissertations. The Proposal will contain clearly focused research objective(s) appropriate methodology to employ and a critical review of pertinent literature relevant to the student research topic. This will assess the students’ ability to produce a well thought out topic and critically reviewed literature with academic implications for their dissertation prior to starting their empirical research. The student will be allocated a supervisor who will provide support and guidance while the Research Proposal is being produced. Before the production of the Research Proposal, students will have opportunity to undertake initial Project Presentations of their research topics after a series of workshop activities designed to provide them with skills development and practice in research issues. The Presentation carries the remaining 20% of the assessment for the Research Skills module.
- Students will forward draft materials on a chapter by chapter basis and will then obtain appropriate formative feedback. In between the production of the chapters, regular contact and interaction between student and supervisor may be face-to-face, via telephone or via e-mail.
- The learning experience will become increasingly student driven as the dissertation process progresses especially in relation to the analysis, interpretation and discussion of the results.
The assessment methods for the dissertation require students to demonstrate a suitable level of subject knowledge and understanding via the production of a 15000 word dissertation.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Master of Science in Accountancy and Finance (Top-up) from Birmingham City University.
The Degree awarded will be the same as that to the on-campus graduates.
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: SGD 10,700.00 (payable in 3 instalments)
- Receive $400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our master degree course. T&Cs apply.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: SGD 181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 Jan 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules
Legal Administrator, Ministry of Health
Market Risk and Product Control, Global Markets, United Overseas Bank
Assistant Manager, Singapore Institute of Technology
Financial Consultant, iPlanners
General Manager, Meyado Private Wealth Management
Brand Communications Manager, Appliance Manufacturer
Executive, People’s Association