This programme provides you with a wide range and diverse base of specialist health management courses. It is tailored for graduates or managers of health services wanting to develop their skills and understanding of contemporary health service management issues, as well as for people who will be commencing a career in the healthcare sector.
It has been developed to support students and career aspirants to work both in the Singaporean healthcare system and other Asian healthcare services and systems. Careers may be available for professionals interested in moving into the health services area, or for early and mid-career health professionals seeking advancement, broadening their expertise and/or moving into management.
Accredited by the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM), ACHSM is the peak professional body for health managers in Australasia, and brings together health leaders to learn, network and share ideas. The mission of the college is to recognise, develop and support effective health leadership and management to deliver quality services, and improve health and well-being.
Each course in this programme is 10-credit points except for Health Project, which is 20-credit points, and MHSM Dissertation, which is 40-credit points over 4 parts. To be eligible for the Master of Health Services Management award, a student must complete 120-credit points. To be eligible to graduate the programme with a Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management, a student must acquire 40-credit points.
• Healthcare Systems
• Leadership in Management for Health Services
• Health Economics
• Change Management in Dynamic Healthcare Systems
• Health Informatics
• Health Finance and Project Management
• Health Workforce
• Translating Health Innovation into Practice
• Health Policy and Planning
• Foundations of Research Inquiry in Health
• Strategic Decision Making in Health
• Applied Ethics and Law for Health Services Managers
• Health Workforce Planning and Innovation
• Health Project
• MHSM Dissertation
Applicants for admission to the Master of Health Services Management will normally:
- Hold a Bachelor degree in a health-related field such as Public Health, Health Services Management, Environmental Health, Allied Health, Medicine, Nursing, Psychology, Clinical Research and Biomedical Health
- OR have completed the Graduate Certificate in Health Services Management (3317) offered by Griffith University (these students will be eligible for 40-credit points of advanced standing towards the Masters programme)
- OR hold a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Bachelor Honours Degree in a health-related field such as Public Health; Health Services Management; Environmental Health; Allied Health, Medicine, Nursing, Psychology,
Clinical Research and Biomedical Health (students admitted with one of these qualifications will be eligible for up to 40-credit points of credit towards the Masters programme depending upon the courses completed in the prior qualification).
Applicants with extensive experience in health services management who do not hold qualifications listed in the above requirements may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate in Health Service Management with progress to the Master of Health Services Management being dependent upon a minimum Pass-grade in all courses.
English Language requirements apply to international applicants and other applications whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this programme are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0; or
- Minimum score of 575 on TOEFL; or
- Internet-based (Ibt) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19); or
- No score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only); or
- Minimum grade C on the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE); or
- Minimum grade C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); or
- Overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Applicants should refer to the following University policy for further information:
Students who successfully complete the Direct Entry Programme (DEP) will satisfy the English Language requirements for this Griffith Degree.
• You can plan your study schedule to suit your own pace in each semester
• Can be completed in 12 months (full-load study mode) or 24 months (half-load study mode)
• Courses are fully taught by Griffith University faculty
• Lectures/Workshops for each course are 16 hours via block-teaching
• Assignment-based programme
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded the Master of Health Services Management from Griffith University.
The Degree awarded will be the same as that to the on-campus graduates.
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: S$28,665.30 (w/GST), (12 courses) payable in 6 instalments
- Receive S$400 referral fee1 when you recommend your friend to enrol in our Master’s Degree programme. T&Cs apply.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
Application fee: S$ 181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 08 May 2019. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 3 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules