This is a one year top-up direct honours degree programme. The course consists of 6 modules and may be completed in a minimum of 12 months.
- Comparative International Reporting
- Current Issues in Company Reporting
- Financial Management
- International Business Strategy
- International Corporate Finance
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Finance (Top-up) degree accepts a wide range of qualifications with relevant work experience. These include:
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma
- Relevant Advanced Diploma
- Kaplan Advanced Diploma in Finance
- Non-relevant Advanced Diploma/non-relevant Polytechnic Diploma/Private Diploma holders may be required to undertake relevant additional modules in order to fulfill the required credit points. The final decision rests with the university.
- Applicants are required to meet the university’s English entry requirement.
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this course. This one year top-up direct honours course consists of 6 modules and may be completed in a minimum of 12 months by enrolling in 2-3 modules per trimester over 3 academic trimesters. Each module is supported with 36 contact hours over the duration of the trimester conducted on Monday to Friday, 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. and/or 3:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. There will be no weekend classes.
Case studies are used to explore concepts applied to real-world scenarios. Experiential learning is encouraged via project-based assignments. Analysis, synthesis and evaluation are developed as themes throughout the programme. A wide variety of assessment approaches are used across the programme. These include articles, business reports, academic papers, presentations, projects and examinations (case-based, open-book and closed-book). Assessment methods may vary according to individual module requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Finance (Top-up) from Birmingham City University.
The degree awarded will be the same as that to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, textbooks, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: S$13,706.70
- Receive $700 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: SGD 181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 Jan 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 3 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules