Kaplan Higher Education Academy Programme
Kaplan Higher Education Academy provides full time study in a variety of disciplines including Accounting & Finance, Business & Management, Communication & Media, Humanities & Social Sciences, Hospitality & Tourism Management and Information Technology. Through collaboration and partnership with prestigious universities around the world, it prepares students for employment in various fields.
This programme is offered by Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University. The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business with Financial Management (Top-up) is a Joint Honours Degree which is a direct Honours with dual specialisation. It consists of 11 modules and may be completed in a minimum of 16 months in Singapore. Each unit is supported with 24-36 contact hours and lessons are conducted on weekday evenings and weekend.
- HR9508 - EMPLOYABILITY & CAREER PLANNING
- NX9523 - BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
- HR9510 - HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- NX9625 - DISSERTATION
- SM9627 - SUSTAINABLE STRATEGIES
- AF5003 - INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS FINANCE AND TRADE
- AF6002 - INTERNATIONAL FINANCE AND RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- HR9610 - CRITICAL ORGANIZATIONAL ANALYSIS
- NX9524 - DIGITAL BUSINESS
- AF5004 - FINANCE, FINANCIAL MARKETS AND INSTITUTIONS
- AF6004 - CONTEMPORARY CORPORATE REPORTING
You may complete the programme within 16 months.
Honours in the Degree will be awarded in accordance with the university course regulations.
Professional Recognition & Accreditation
Northumbria University is among the Top 1%* of elite institutions worldwide and the only University in Europe with Dual AACSB accreditation.
Click for reasons to choose Northumbria University
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas or foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case by case basis
- In all cases, the final admissions decision to the programme rests with the University
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement (https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/international/international-admissions/english-language-requirements/)
This programme consists of 12 modules and may be completed in a minimum of 16 months, by enrolling in 2 modules per academic term over 6 terms. Each module is supported with approximately 36 contact hours over an academic term. Programmes are scheduled for 5 days a week, 3 hours a day. Student are expected to be on campus for classes, workshops and self-study.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business with Finance Management from Northumbria University.
The Degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: S$21,400.00 payable in 6 instalments
- Receive S$700 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our Degree course. T&Cs apply.
For International Students
- Programme fee: S$21,186.00
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
For International Students
- Application fee: S$492.20
- Administration fee: S$749 (which includes application for Kaplan student access card, Student’s Pass, Fee Protection Scheme and Medical Insurance)
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 3 Oct 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules