Irwin Luo Weijie
Irwin is a Chartered Accountant (Singapore) and a Fellow with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA). He has a broad range of industry exposure – from a stint with Deloitte, to being a strategy consultant at Keppel Corp and leadership roles within deep tech start-ups.
Graduating with an MSc. in Applied Finance from Singapore Management University (SMU) as the Top Student, Irwin Luo was elected by his professors for the distinct honour of Valedictorian of the SMU’s Post-Graduate Business School. He is also a 7-time book prize winner for the ACCA professional exams.
Having a decade of lecturing experience under his belt, Irwin has garnered a reputation for never making students memorise concepts. He simplifies and uses real-life examples to provide students with full understanding of concepts.
Students have consistently given stellar reviews due to his enthusiastic delivery, which keeps them engaged. Such reviews led to Irwin’s receiving of teaching commendations and awards within Kaplan.
A private investor who loves valuation and finance, Irwin is aware of how fortunate he is to teach what he loves to under-graduates, post-graduates and candidates of professional qualifications.
Irwin gives back to the accountancy ecosystem by serving as an exam marker and content reviewer for an accountancy body.
- ACTA: Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment
- CA (Singapore): Full Member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Chartered Valuer & Appraiser Programme
- FCCA: Fellow of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants
- MSc. Applied Finance (Singapore Management University): Lion Global Investor Award for Top Student, Valedictorian
Courses currently teaching
- Essex University, Bachelor Programme: Risk Management and Financial Institutions
- Kaplan Diploma: Accounting for Managers
- Murdoch University, Bachelor Programme: International Financial Markets and institutions
- Murdoch University, MBA Programme: Business Finance
- Preparatory Course for Singapore Chartered Accountant (SCA) Qualification
- Preparatory Course for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Examination