For University of Essex ‘Snap, post & win’ Social Media Contest
The University of Essex ‘Snap, post & win’ Social Media Contest (hereby known as “Contest”) runs from 6th January 2020 (Monday), 0900 hours and will end on 7th February 2020 (Friday), 1800 hours. This period is also hereby known as the “Qualifying Period”.
- Individual(s) (hereby known as “Participant”) must snap a photo of the roving truck and share it on their personal social media account in Facebook or Instagram. and tag 2 friends who may be interested in the programme.
- The post and their social media account must be made public.
- The post must not be removed at any point in time before the selection of the winner. Removal of the post would warrant an immediate disqualification from the contest.
- The shared post must include the correct answer to the question “State the name of any programme that the University of Essex offers through Kaplan in Singapore.” in order to be eligible for consideration. Failure to state the correct answer would result in disqualification from the contest.
- The shared post must include the hashtags #UOEatKaplan and #KaplanTheChoice. Failure to include the hashtags would result in disqualification from the contest.
- All employees and sales agents of Kaplan in Singapore are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
All Participants will be awarded only one (1) chance (hereby known as “Chance”) to win just one (1) Prize when they make a public post on their personal Facebook or Instagram accounts. The Chance awarded in respect of one (1) Participant is not transferable to another Participant during the Qualifying Period.
The Contest consists of one (1) winners’ selection period (hereby known as “Winners Selection Period”) in which four units of (1) Prize (hereby known as “Prize”) will be awarded to (4) Participants (hereby known as the “Winners”).
One winner cannot receive more than one Prize.
The Winner Selection Period will run from 8th February 2020 (Saturday), 1200 hours and will end on 14th February 2020 (Friday), 1800 hours. Winners will be notified by either a Facebook or Instagram private message from Kaplan Singapore by 28th February 2020 (Friday), 1800 hours.
- Four units of Garmin Forerunner 45 watch
- Each Winner will receive their Prize in the form of the physical watch. Once the watch has been passed to the winner, no replacement shall be issued should the watch be damaged, lost or defaced.
One (1) Winner will selected at random, by means and methods determined by Kaplan at its absolute discretion.
The Winner shall accept the Prize in its “as is” state. Kaplan makes no representation or warranty whatsoever as to the quality or fitness or any other implied terms or conditions with respect to the Prize and assumes no liability or responsibility for any acts or defaults of the Prize.
The Prize must be claimed by the respective Winner no later than 30 days after the announcement has been made. The Prize, if unclaimed will be forfeited. Any Winner whose Prize has been forfeited shall not be entitled to any compensation from Kaplan notwithstanding any claim by him/her that he/she did not receive any notification of the Prize.
If the Winner selected in the Contest cannot be contacted or otherwise has his/her Prize forfeited for any reason whatsoever, Kaplan reserves the right to draw another one (1) Participant to replace the Winner who has been disqualified. Kaplan has the absolute discretion to exclude any otherwise eligible Participant from participating in the Contest.
The Prize is non-transferable, neither exchangeable for cash nor credit of any kind and shall be subject to such terms and conditions which Kaplan may at its sole and absolute discretion impose from time to time. Kaplan may at its sole and absolute discretion replace or substitute the Prize with another product of equivalent or similar value at any time without notice or liability to the Winner.
General Terms and Conditions
- The decision of Kaplan on any and all matters relating to or arising from this Contest shall be absolute, final and binding on all parties. In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between these terms and conditions and those in any collaterals or website, marketing or promotional material relating to the Contest, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- Kaplan reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion from time to time to vary, amend, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions, or to terminate or suspend the Prize or Contest at any time without notice, reference or liability to any Participant or member of the public.
- Kaplan has the full discretion to change the Contest including Qualifying Period, Winners Selection Period and Prize without any prior notice to eligible Participants or members of the public.
- Kaplan reserves the right to replace the Prize with any gifts of similar value at any time, without notice.
- Kaplan, its affiliates, employees or agents shall not be liable to any person for any loss, damage, injury, costs or expenses incurred, suffered or borne, arising from the Contest.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and interpreted according to the laws of Singapore and the Participants of the Contest agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore in the event of any disagreement or dispute relating to or arising from the Contest.