- Topic: Obtain an Honours degree and an ACCA qualification upon completing the University of Portsmounth programme!
- Guest Speaker: Calvin (Full Time) / Denise (Part Time) - Programme Specialist
- Date: 26 December 2017, Tuesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
The University of Portsmouth's Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Accountancy and Financial Management degree is one of the School’s most successful programmes. The degree brings together the twin disciplines of Accounting and Finance and is the programme for you if you are planning to obtain a professional qualification after graduation and become an accountant, or if you wish to use your analytical skills, financial expertise and strategic insight to forge a career within finance and the financial services sector.
The programme consists of a minimum of 12 units and may be completed in a minimum of 18 months.
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), (entry into final stages of ACCA)
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICEAW)
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), (Exemptions from the CIMA exams)
|Term 1||Financial Reporting
Operational management Accounting
|Term 2||Financial Management
Corporate Governance, Financial Crime, Ethics and Control
|Term 3||Business Law for Accountants
|Term 4||Accounting for Strategic management and Control
Advance Financial Accounting
|Term 5||Advanced Financial Management
|Term 6||Independent Study for Accountants
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) - University of Portsmouth (UOP) Conditional Exemptions (CE) pathway provides an accelerated route for eligible UOP students to sit ACCA Professional examinations even before the completion of their degrees. This is the first time CE has been made available locally and the pathway is exclusive to Kaplan Singapore.
By embarking on the ACCA-UOP CE pathway, you can:
- Be admitted into the ACCA Qualification’s Professional level before you graduate from university
- Use the knowledge and skills gained from the UoP degree to directly support your preparation for the ACCA Professional level exams
- Pursue a professional qualification that equips you with the credentials needed to become a complete finance professional and a qualified accountant
- Gain a head start on your journey to achieving ACCA member status.
By becoming an ACCA member*, you will enjoy excellent recognition from employers around the world and gain access to a first class range of services and resources that will help further develop your career in accountancy and finance. The benefits include -
- Increased earning potential
- More access to career opportunities
- Added flexibility in career choices
- Enhanced employment mobility – the ACCA Qualification is recognised around the world
- Opportunities to build your own professional network and be part of a globally influential body
*UOP BAAFM graduates can qualify as ACCA members upon successful completion of the ACCA Professional level exams, the online Professional Ethics module and 3 years of relevant work experience.
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Accountancy and Financial Management (Top-up) programme accepts a wide range of qualifications.
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas and/or Foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case by case basis
- In all cases the final admissions decision to the programme rests with the university
- Applicants admitted to the programme may be required to undertake bridging units in order to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge.
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement (http://www.port.ac.uk/application-fees-and-funding/international-applications)
Each term is a 12-weeks period covering 2 units of study. Each unit is provided with 36 hours of academic induction/seminar sessions over the duration of the trimester conducted only on Monday to Friday, 5 times a week.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Accountancy and Financial Management from University of Portsmouth.
The degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: SGD 21,346.50 (payable in 6 instalments)
- Receive $700 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
For International Students
- Programme fee: SGD 23,112
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: SGD 181.90
For International Students
- Application fee: SGD 492.20
- Administration fee: SGD 749 (which includes application for Kaplan student access card, Student’s Pass, Fee Protection Scheme and Medical Insurance)
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 18 Jan 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
International Students: December 2017