Commencement Date : Jan 2017 | Expand All
- Topic : Thanks to Murdoch Double Major degree, I have the flexibility of planning my study schedule at my own pace! Over 60 double major degrees to choose from.
- Guest Speaker: Marlina – Program Specialist
- Date: 25 October 2016, Tuesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
Students have the option to enrol in either single or double majors.
CORE UNITS (Year 2 and 3 units)
BUS343 International Marketing
BUS302 Integrated Marketing Communications
BUS299 Consumer Behaviour
BUS210 Marketing Research and Analysis
BUS350 Strategic Marketing
BUS296 Services Marketing
PRO259 Media Relations
PRO302 Public Relations Project
PRO204 Public Relations Strategy
PRO285 Public Relations in Society
PRO307 Campaign Management
PRO345 Issues and Crisis Management
In addition, students have to complete the following common Year 2 and 3 units:
BBS200 Understanding Business Research: An Introductory Approach
BBS300 Empirical Research Methods for Business OR,
BBS301 Applying Mixed Methods Research to Business
BRD209 Creativity and Innovation
Students with Polytechnic Diplomas, Kaplan Diplomas and Murdoch University-recognised Private Diplomas will be given 8 exemptions and gain entry to Year 2 of the programme. They can complete the course in 16 months instead of 28 months.
The Bachelor of Business in Marketing and Public Relations (Double Major) accepts a wide range of qualifications with advanced standing:
- Polytechnic Diploma
- Advanced Diploma
- Kaplan Diploma
- Private Diploma will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Additional Entry Requirements:
- Applicants admitted to the Bachelor of Business programme may be required to undertake bridging units in order to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge. The final decision rests with Murdoch University.
- Successful completion of a recognised approved Diploma qualification of higher, where the language of instruction was English.
English requirement for International students:
- Applicants are required to meet Murdoch University English language requirement. Please refer to http://www.murdoch.edu.au/_document/International-students/Murdoch_English_Entry_Requirements_Undergraduate.pdf
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. The normal study load for full-time students is 4 units per trimester (4-month term). Students have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and enrol in 1 to 4 units per trimester. Classes are conducted from Mondays to Fridays, 5 times a week. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours. The Dean from Murdoch University is based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded Bachelor of Business in Marketing and Public Relations (Double Major) from Murdoch University. The degree will be the same as that awarded to on-campus graduates in Australia.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, textbooks, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee:
- S$19,003.20 (Single Major*) payable in 4 instalments
- S$25,337.60 (Double Major) payable in 4 instalments
- Receive S$700 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree programme. T&Cs apply.
For International Students
- Programme fee:
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
For International Students
- Application fee: S$492.20
- Administration fee: S$749.00 (which includes application for Kaplan student access card, Student’s Pass, Fee Protection Scheme and Medical Insurance)
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 22 September 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers