- Topic: Embark on a mainly assignment-based Bachelor’s programme with a top 1% university worldwide, Northumbria University
- Date: 19 December 2017, Tuesday, 07:00 PM
- Venue: 8 Wilkie Road #02-01 Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge (Beside Peace Centre, nearest MRT: Dhoby Ghaut)
This programme introduces you to the world of Business whilst allowing you to combine key business subjects with functional areas. It equips students with a clear understanding of the management challenges in this sector, and preparing students for managerial posts in the hospitality and tourism industries.
The total programme consists of 12 units and may be completed in a minimum of 16 months.
Professional Recognition and Accreditation:
- AACSB Accreditation, which has been earned by less than 5% of the business programme worldwide.
- 22nd for the Business Program (The Sunday Times University Guide 2013)
- Top 10 for graduate level employability (The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2012)
|Semester 1||Global and International Business Contexts
Destination Planning and Resort Management
Business Performance Management
|Semester 2||Markets and Customers
Personal and Organisational Development
Travel Industry Management and Operations
|Semester 3||Applied Business Ethics
The Business of Conferences, Events and Entertainment
International Hospitality Management
Strategic Management and Leadership
Key Issues for Hospitality and Tourism Managers
*Dissertation will be conducted concurrently through Semester 5 and Semester 6.
Honours in the degree will be awarded in accordance with the university's course regulations.
Click for reasons to choose Northumbria University
The BA (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management accepts a wide range of qualifications.
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma
- Relevant Private Diploma
- Non-related Diploma will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- Mature candidates with working experience and other qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Applicant is required meet the English Requirement by Northumbria University and all the applications are subjected to the approval of Northumbria University.
This Bachelor of Arts (Honours) programme consists of 12 units and may be completed in a minimum of 16 months, by enrolling in 2 units per trimester over 6 academic trimesters. Each module is supported with approximately 36 contact hours over a trimester, conducted only on weekdays. There will be no weekend classes.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Hospitality and Tourism Management from Northumbria University.
The degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, textbooks, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme fee: SGD21,400.00 payable in 6 instalments
- Receive SGD700 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
For International Students
- Programme fee: SGD21,186.00
Education loans are available, subject to meeting the bank's loan requirements. Please click here for more information.
Amex 0% interest on instalment payment effective 1st June 2017 (for instalments ranging 6 - 24 months)
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$181.90
For International Students
- Application fee: S$492.20
- Administration fee: S$749 (which includes application for Kaplan student access card, Student’s Pass, Fee Protection Scheme and Medical Insurance)
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 3 Oct 2016. For more information about the programme, please contact our course consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules