About the Programme
Accounting is an integral part of the management and governance of any enterprise. It acts as a decision-making aid by providing the information necessary for planning, control and performance evaluation. The stakeholders of an entity rely on accounting information to assist in a variety of decisions including the acquisition or sale of shares, lending of funds and the provision of services or goods.
This Master’s Degree is aimed at students from any discipline seeking to acquire an accredited accounting qualification.
The programme can be completed in a minimum of 16 months.
- Accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Receive exemptions for up to 9 exams (3 Applied Knowledge and 6 Applied Skills exams)
- Accredited by the CPA Australia
Direct entry into CPA programmes
- Recognised by the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) for Professional Membership
- Associate Member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
Associate membership is available to applicants who have completed an Accounting Degree or an equivalent Accounting qualification.
Accounting for Managers
Accounting Theory and Governance
Economics and Business Strategy
Principles of Business Governance
Quantitative Research for Business
The Murdoch Advantage
Click here for reasons to choose Murdoch University
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in any discipline
- Applicants without Bachelor’s Degree but possess professional accounting qualification and relevant work experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Students who have completed a degree with an accounting major from an Australian university will not be considered for admission.
The final decision on admission to the programme rests with the university.
Applicants are required to meet Murdoch University’s English language requirement. Click here for more information.
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme, and they have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor of Transnational Education & Deputy Dean of Murdoch University are based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, projects or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Master of Professional Accounting from Murdoch University.
The Master’s Degree is the same as that awarded to on-campus graduates in Australia.
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Tuition Fee: S$23,561.40 payable in 3 instalments
- Receive a S$400 referral fee when you recommend a friend to enrol in our Master’s Degree programme1
1Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers.
- Non-Refundable Application Fee: S$203.30
- Student Development Fee: S$278.202
2Payment for this fee will be included in the first instalment.
The Student Development Fee covers the provision of a comprehensive range of initiatives aimed at enhancing the career and industry-readiness of Kaplan students, such as programmes aimed at improving interpersonal skills, technical and digital skills, as well as career advisory and job matching services. More details can be found here.
All fees indicated are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the prevailing rate. The prevailing GST rate until 31 December 2022 is 7%. From 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023, the GST rate will increase to 8%. From 1 January 2024, the GST rate will increase to 9%. For more information on the GST revision, please refer to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) website. Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
Fees remain subject to change. Applicant will be charged the prevailing fees and GST at the time of application. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for more information on Mode of Payment.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
There are 3 intakes per year:
Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
Cyber Security Analyst, Foreign Bank
Project Manager, Public Sector
Senior Assistant Engineer, Government Organisation
HR Senior Executive, Industrial Testing Services
Ex-Officer Cadet, Defence Industry
Premier Mortgage Specialist, OCBC
Facilities Management Executive (Procurement), Health Sciences Authority (HSA)
Head of Sustainment Plans & Policies, Ops Systems Sustainment Centre, Home Team Science & Technology Agency