ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Accounting is an integral part of the management and governance of any enterprise. It acts as a decision-making aid by providing the information necessary for planning, control and performance evaluation. The stakeholders of an entity rely on accounting information to assist in a variety of decisions including the acquisition or sale of shares, lending of funds and the provision of services or goods.
This Master’s Degree is aimed at students from any discipline seeking to acquire an accredited accounting qualification.
- Accredited by ACCA. Exemptions for 9 Papers.
- Accredited by CPA Australia. Direct entry into CPA programme
- Accredited by Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Recognised by Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) for Associate membership
- Recognised by Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) for Associate membership
|MBS659||Quantitative Research for Business|
|MBS686||Economics and Business Strategy|
|MBS518||Principles of Business Governance|
|MBS679||Accounting Theory and Governance|
|MBS539||Accounting for Managers|
|MBS574||Strategic Research in International Markets|
Click for reasons to choose Murdoch University
The Master of Professional Accounting programme accepts the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Other equivalent qualifications with 2 years of relevant working experience will be assessed on case-by-case basis.
- Students who have completed a Degree with an accounting major from an Australian University will not be considered for admission.
- Applicants are required to meet Murdoch University’s English language requirements.
- In all cases, the final decision for admission to the programme rests with Murdoch University
Applicants are required to complete the application by providing:
- Duly completed and signed application form
- List of qualifications, certificates and proof of official transcript from each institution attended (Certified copy of the official transcript is acceptable)
- Photocopy of passport or identification card
- To provide a CV/Resume include your supervisory experience with two referees (For Executive Master in Leadership, Strategy and Innovation programme only)
- 1 passport-sized photograph
- Programme application fee
Please note that the application is not complete without all the items stated above. As the programme involves regular use of internet, email and other online resources, students must possess a personal computer and have an internet connection to access materials electronically from the university and to participate in appropriate pedagogic interaction.
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme. They have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and enrol in 1 to 3 units per trimester, and may complete the programme in 16 months. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students. Each unit is supported with 24 contact hours. The Dean of Murdoch University is based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, projects or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Master of Professional Accounting from Murdoch University.
The Degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Instalment 1: SGD7,511.40
Instalment 2: SGD7,511.40
Instalment 3: SGD7,511.40
Total Fees: SGD22,534.20 payable in 3 instalments
- Receive $400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our master degree course. T&Cs apply.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: SGD 181.90
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
*Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 10 October 2018. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
There are 3 intakes per year:
Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
Flexible learning and industry-relevant modules with a Murdoch University Master’s Degree.Find out how you can complete it in 12-16 months!