The Student Code of Conduct is modelled on the core values of Kaplan:
We place being ethical above all else because doing things right is the only path to long-term growth. Our ethics and integrity must be irreproachable.
- Observe and uphold the laws of Singapore as well as the various policies and regulations of Kaplan at all times. Kaplan’s policies and regulations are published in our Student Handbook. International students are reminded to understand and observe the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) regulations which govern your Student’s Pass. ICA regulations can be found at:
- Observe the laws of the host country and the policies and regulations of the respective academic partner if you participate in education trips. Students on internships should adhere to the employer’s employment policies and standards of conduct.
- Protect the academic standards and reputation of Kaplan. Similarly, respect your reputation and academic integrity. Be honest and transparent in your conduct and behaviour at all times. This extends beyond your personal conduct into details like being honest with your class attendance and communal conduct, which can include reporting incidents of suspected cheating or dishonesty of any form, encompassing academic misbehaviour like plagiarism to inappropriate behaviour like gambling and fighting.
- If you wish, on your own accord, to show your appreciation to lecturers or staff, please keep to small gifts. Gifts should not be extravagant or given with the intention of exchanging it for any information related to yourself, lecturers, staff or students.
We always strive to learn more and to use that knowledge to the benefit of our students, colleagues, employees and community.
- Be open and free to express your views and opinions on campus. While doing so, bear in mind the need to act within acceptable standards of behaviour and the laws of the country.
- Maintain harmony among the multi-ethnic and multi-religious community on campus. Be respectful towards the customs and beliefs of others.
- Respect intellectual property rights, and use IT resources and the campus Wi-Fi network responsibly. Reference can be made to our Academic Misconduct Policy in the Student Handbook.
- Dress well as a show of respect for others. Skimpy, revealing clothes printed with vulgar or offensive words or pictures, singlets and slippers should be avoided.
We provide a supportive environment for our students, employees and community. Everything we do is designed to support our students’ success.
- Respect the rights of all on campus and create a positive learning and social environment for all.
- Treat others with dignity and respect regardless of their age, gender, race, religion and nationality. Students should not engage in hate speech or conduct that violates another’s dignity or create an environment that is hostile, degrading or offensive for another person. This includes unwanted sexual advances, offensive body language, speech or gestures, and any other forms of harassment.
- Treat Kaplan staff and lecturers with respect and decorum at all times as they are doing their best to create a conducive learning environment for all. Observe classroom etiquette and be considerate with the use of electronic gadgets and consumption of food/drinks on campus.
- Respect the health and safety of others. This includes:
- Not being a threat of any kind to another person
- Not possessing any weapon or object that can cause harm to others
- Not using or supplying prohibited substances
- No smoking, consumption of alcohol or vaping on campus
- You are not allowed to bring any companion to attend class with you or ask anyone to attend class on your behalf. Any such person will be asked to leave the classroom immediately and appropriate action will be taken against you
- Be identifiable with your face uncovered and have your Kaplan student card or personal identification documents with you at all times
- The same standards that apply to face-to-face behaviour also apply to online behaviour. Irresponsible use of digital and social media on or off campus may have a significant detrimental effect on the interest, welfare or reputation of Kaplan or other members on campus. Be mindful that what you post online can be copied freely and can continue to exist even after the original item has been removed. Be respectful and responsible before posting anything online.
We continually look for new and better ways to create opportunities for our students, employees and communities. This is fundamental to our mission: We build futures one success story at a time.
- Respect the rights of all on campus so that there is opportunity for success for all.
- Work together with the staff and students on campus to take good care of the learning infrastructure in place. This includes not vandalising, littering or doing anything that will cause damage to any property. Observe proper access and conduct with the physical and online learning infrastructure available on campus.
- Make maximum use of the learning facilities and platforms on campus. Keep yourself updated and participate in learning activities and events organised.
- Participate in the various student activities organised for a holistic learning experience.
We succeed when our students succeed. We gauge our success by how well our students meet their measurable goals.
- Attend all scheduled classes to maximise learning.
- Complete all homework and assignments, and ask questions when unsure.
- Complete all student formalities including financial matters, access to programme materials and submission of documents on a timely basis so that you can focus on learning when your classes begin.
- Attempt all tests, assessments and examinations and learn from your mistakes. Speak with your lecturers for further understanding and clarification where necessary.
Policies referred to within the Student Code of Conduct:
- ICA regulations on Student’s Pass Holders
- Academic Misconduct Policy in the Student Handbook
- IT Acceptable Use Policy in the Student Handbook
- Misuse of Drugs Act – https://www.cnb.gov.sg/drug-information/misuse-of-drugs-act
- Smoking Legislation – https://www.nea.gov.sg/our-services/smoking-prohibition/smoking-legislation
- Internet Code of Practice – https://www.imda.gov.sg/-/media/Imda/Files/Regulations-and-Licensing/Regulations/Codes-of-Practice/Codes-of-Practice-Media/PoliciesandContentGuidelinesInternetInterneCodeOfPractice.pdf