This LLB1 Law programme is perfect for working adults who wish to study for a Law Degree with practical real-world application knowledge.
By immersing students in our unique mock courtroom, students will gain experience of realistic legal scenarios and wider academic and practical understanding across a range of legal subjects. Students will also be undertaking individual assignments and examinations to assess their skills.
This LLB Law Degree programme is accredited by the Joint Academic Stage Board of England and Wales as a Qualifying Law Degree (which enables students to progress to qualifications for a Barrister or Solicitor in the UK).
The Qualifying Law Degree (QLD) status is jointly awarded by both the Solicitors Regulation Authority2 and the Bar Standards Board3 in the UK through the Joint Academic Stage Board (JASB).
After graduation, students may choose to pursue the following roles (but not limited to):
- Foreign Lawyer4
- In-House Counsel5
- Paralegal or Law Enforcement Officer
Possible Career Opportunities
Practising as a Foreign Lawyer
If you are admitted, qualified or authorised to practise in any jurisdiction, you are allowed to practise foreign law in Singapore if you register as a “Foreign Lawyer” under Part IV A of the Legal Profession Act through the Legal Services Regulatory Authority E-Service (Ministry of Law). You will not need to take any programmes or examinations.
Practising as in-House Counsel
You may be able to practise as in-house counsel in an organisation in Singapore. For more information, please refer to the Singapore Corporate Counsel Association.
In addition, Bachelor of Laws (Hons) graduates have entered other types of employment upon graduation such as:
- Paralegal / Legal Manager
- Government Agencies
- Police Officers
- Banking and Insurance Industry
- Compliance Executive / Manager
- Contracts Management
- Arbitrator / Negotiator
- Executives in the Government Sector
- Barrister-at-law* (England & Wales)
- Solicitor* (England & Wales)
*To become a barrister / solicitor, the practical stages of assessments need to be completed.
This Degree programme may be completed in a minimum of 25 months on a part-time basis. Below is the programme structure:
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Land Law
- Professional Skills and Practice
- Company Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Regulatory Compliance in Singapore
- Equity and the Law of Trusts
- Law of the European Union
- Legal Project Management
- Intellectual Property Law
- Commercial Law
For more information, please fill up the enquiry form so that our programme consultants can get back to you.
This Degree programme accepts a wide range of qualifications, which includes:
- Polytechnic Diploma or an equivalent qualification
- Kaplan Diploma
- Other Private Diplomas and/or Foreign qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Applicants admitted to the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) may be required to undertake bridging units to fulfil the required prerequisite knowledge. In all cases, the final decision on admission to the programme rests with the University.
English requirement for International students:
- Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirements.
Please refer to this link for more information on English requirements.
- Successful completion of a recognised approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English can be considered.
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in the programme. Each 20-40 credit-point module is supported with 36 to 48 contact hours made up of classes over weekdays.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, projects or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Birmingham City University.
The Degree awarded will be the same as that to the on-campus graduates.
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme tuition fee: S$24,000.10 (payable in 6 instalments)
- Receive S$400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our Degree programme*.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Non-refundable application fee: S$192.60
Note: all prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown. All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 15 November 2017. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers.
Click here for more information on Mode of Payment
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules
1 LLB stands for Legum Baccalaureus in Latin and is an undergraduate Degree in law.
2 Birmingham City University is listed as a Qualifying Law Degree Provider by Solicitors Regulation Authority.
3 This programme is registered under the Bar Standard Board as a Qualifying Law Degree in the UK.
4 If you are admitted, qualified or authorised to practise in any jurisdiction, you are allowed to practise foreign law in Singapore if you register as a “Foreign Lawyer” under Part IXA of the Legal Profession Act with the Attorney-General’s Chambers’ Legal Profession (International Services) Secretariat. You will not need to take any courses or examinations. Please visit the Ministry of Law for more information here.
5 You may be able to practise in an organisation in Singapore. For more information, please refer to the Singapore Corporate Counsel Association.
Enrol in Birmingham City University’s Law Degree programme with a mock-up courtroom practical sessions.
- Interested applicants who wish to learn more, please contact Michelle Tan at +65 8411 5447. Attend our Live webinar session on 24 June, 7 pm by clicking on the link here
Senior Marketing Executive, Food and Beverage Industry
Business Excellence Assistant Manager, Ricoh (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Manager of Air Export Operations for Cargo, Dnata Singapore Pte Ltd
Sales Consultant, Ricoh (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Marketing Executive, Interior Design Industry
Legal Administrator, Ministry of Health
Market Risk and Product Control, Global Markets, United Overseas Bank
Assistant Manager, Singapore Institute of Technology