The Monash Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood is a highly respected qualification designed for educators who are passionate about working with young children in preschool, childcare centre or kindergarten. It also provides an excellent headstart for current educators who hold a Diploma in child’s services, early childhood care and education or equivalent, looking to upgrade themselves.
Upon completion of the programme, you will be qualified as a skilled and effective early childhood education professional with in-depth knowledge in children’s creative, physical, personal, intellectual development and social capabilities. This programme will enhance your professional capacity and deepen your understanding of the complex field of education, providing a pathway for research and further learning.
- Ranked 12th in the World for the subject of Education1
- Ranked 58th in the World2
- A member of the Group of Eight of Australia’s leading Universities3
- 100% assignment-based assessments
Click for reasons to choose Monash University
Our graduates become leaders in teaching practice, public debate, policy development and community action across the world.
This Degree programme consists 16 units and 4 practicum fieldworks, student may complete the program in approximately 2 academic years:
Year 2 Units
- Contemporary Child Development Theories and Practices
- Learning Through Play Pedagogies
- Curriculum Assessment and Documentation in Education
- Learning with Children, Their Families and Communities
- Learning about Patterns, Shapes and Numbers Through Play
- Health and Physical Wellbeing in The Young Child
- Children and Childhood Across Time: Policies and Practices
- Diversity in Child Development
- Early years Professional Experience 2A
- Early years Professional Experience 2B
Year 3 Units
- Local and Global Perspectives in Education Policy
- Children’s Literature, Storytelling and The Arts
- Professionalism, Ethics and Interdisciplinary Work in Education
- Art, Community and Environment
- Change and Transition in Children’s Education
- Children’s Literacy Development
- Investigating Our World: Science, Technology and the Environment
- Leadership and Management in Education Contexts
- Early years Professional Experience 3A
- Early years Professional Experience 3B
Fieldwork placements are required in early childhood settings.
All students entering the programme will do so with advanced standing.
Year 3 Entry (12 months)
- A Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Leadership/(DECCE-L) or equivalent
Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Other relevant qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Year 2 Entry (24 months)
- A graded Diploma of Children’s Services (or equivalent) awarded by an Australia registered training organization (i.e. TAFE or private provider).
- A Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Teaching/(DECCE-T) or equivalent – Other relevant qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis English requirements
- Successful completion of an approved Diploma qualification or higher, where the language of instruction was English Applicants are required to meet the University’s English language requirement (https://www.monash.edu/admissions/english-language-requirements)
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood from Monash University.
Teacher Registration Requirements
ECDA does not accredit nor recognise any Early Childhood Degree or Master programmes, as the highest qualification required to be certified as a preschool teacher in Singapore is the Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education1. To be a teacher or educarer in pre-school centres in Singapore, students must register with ECDA. Please find more details on the category of teacher here.
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
Year 3 Entry
SGD S$22,701.12 payable in 4 installments for a period of 12 months
Year 2 Entry
SGD $44,422.12 payable in 8 installments for a period of 24 months
Receive $400 referral fee when you recommend your friend to join our degree course. T&Cs apply.
Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application fee: S$192.60
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
Note: All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 5 November 2020. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers
Click here for more information on Mode of Payment
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules
Obtain Bachelor of Education degree in 18 months with top 1% world University, Monash University
Attend our Live webinar session on 21 Apr, 7:00pm by clicking on the link here.
Interested applicants who wish to learn more, please contact Jack Tay at +6593554355.
Early Childhood Educator, Local Preschool
Main Class Teacher, Seeds D’ Learning House
Principal Manager, Government Organisation
Core Teacher, Early Childhood
Principal, Sunflower Tinkleland Pte Ltd
Co-Principal, Busy Bees International Preschool
School Counsellor, Premier All-Girls Secondary School in Singapore
Assistant Solutions Director, Regional Education Solutions Provider